Advantage of ink HP Deskjet 1515: print but not scan
I am using HP Deskjet Ink 1515 advantage and when I am trying to scan a page or a picture, shows the following error: the HP Deskjet series 1510 was not found. This is something that has happened today and never before.
Although the error shows that the device is not found, I can normally print with it.
I would appreciate all the advice really.
Thanks in advance.
Try the next step, I believe that this will help you overcome the problem.
1. start by dissconnecting the USB cable.
2 remove the printer driver of "devices and printer" which is located in Control Panel.
3. Download this file (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL48430/al-117537-4/DJ1510_188.exe) which is the solution complete for the HP Dj 1515 series.
4. extract the contents of the file.
5 open the "Utils" folder and choose the folder 'x 64', inside you should be able to locate a file called 'RemovePreInstalledDrivers' > once you open this file black screen opens, wait for it to close, then move to the next step.
6. go to the main folder where you have already extracted the software and right click on the file x 64.msi (name is most likely your printer model), then choose the Option "repair". > Subsequently, you will be asked of preformed a reboot. (Incase you will get a Messege saying "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed" simply double-click the file instead)
7. after the restart, the head disk Local C/ProgramFiles/HP/PrinterModelFolder/bin/USBSetupLuncher and double click it.
8 follow the steps for you, and connect the USB cable when prompted to.
Who should add the scanner to your imaging devices.
Best Of luck ~
Tags: HP Printers
My printer is no pint of my PC but is printed the eprint Centre fairly easily. I tried several options of toubleshooting but it will not print from word or anything on the PC. As I set up the printer, I have had this problem. I use my printer to backup to my print jobs. I re-installed the printer in the hope of solving the problem, but in vain.
I am ready to launch this pinter, can we please, please help.
Try this firmware update.
Recently I was faced with a problem with my Deskjet 4515 on a windows PC 8.1.
After a software update (or do not know if it happened only) scanning wouldn't work, whenever I clicked on the button of scan software, it looks like series HP Deskjet 4510 not connected, even if it would print normally. When I tried to click scan from the printer itself and choosing my PC I get the same error message: "printer HP series not found 4510.
I tried to uninstall and install the printer several times but nothing helped. Hope someone has found the solution for this problem.
Please become a member of the HP's Support Forums. I understand that you have a problem with the scanning. I'll be happy to help you.
Here is a document to help the Network Scanner connection is lost (Windows).
Please keep me informed of the progress of things.
If you need help, let me know and I will gladly make all that I can to help you.
Please let me know if that solves the problem by marking this post as "accept as a Solution.
To simply say thank you, click the Thumbs up below!
I have used this gun for more than a year Mx920 - no problem. Had a paper jam. Erased. Can always print and copy. But when you try to scan the computer, I have the error 2.156.0 Jet "scanner is off or usb is not connected".
Re-downloaded and installed the drivers. Once I installed the drivers 'successfully', I can't find where to use it.
Print but not scan. Woman can scan his MacBook. Therefore my iMac to my printer.
Try to launch the Image Capture. In the left pane, the Canon MX920 should show under the shared section.
Another option is the Canon IJ Scan Utility (Applications/Utilities/IJ Scan/Canon IJ Scan Canon utility)
The material (both print & scan) worked well on OS 10.10.x but as soon as I xfr needed a MBP less 10.11.4 it stopped scanning through the HP software, but will work under Mac software scan. (The side of the printer still works fine.)
Welcome to the HP Forums! I'd love to help you to scan from your 5530 craving for your Mac. I understand from your description that it worked well when you have 10.10, but since the upgrade to 10.11 you can print but not scan.
Let's start with resetting the printing system, uninstalling the software, repair the permissions of the drive and re - install & re-add the printer:Scrub / uninstall
I've updated to Windows 10 and since then I can print but not scan with my HP 2210 all-in-one printer. I tried to download the software updates, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions
I see that you both scan problems after upgrade to Windows 10, and I may be able to help.
Most of the products have updated software available on the HP support Web site for Windows 10.
I also saw a few posts that say Windows 8.1 driver works for Windows 10 as well, then you could try also.
HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan doctor to diagnose and troubleshoot printing and scanning problems. I recommend you to download and run the HP print and Scan Doctor , if she doesn't fix it automatically I would know what errors or messages that you receive.
Do you know if you are able to scan using paint?
To perform a scan of the painting: HP Multifunction printers - how Scan: Windows 8
(This is the same for Windows 10, of what I said)
- Click the Start button () in the lower left corner of the screen, click on Searchand type Paint.
- Click on the painting in the results.
- Click fileand then click on from a scanner or camera.
- Select your printer, click OK, and then click Scan.
Please let me know if any of these steps has resolved your problem, or if there is anything else I can do to help.
I look forward to hear from you!
My photosmart c4740 (all-in-one) printer will print but not scan
1. What is the installed operating system on your computer?
2. what happens when you try to scan documents?
3. you receive an error message?
I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.
Follow the steps in the link and check if that helps.
If the problem persists, you can also check out the links and check if it helps.
I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and recently bought an OfficeJet Pro 8600. It worked fine for about a month, and then we moved into a new House. Now, it print but not scan to computer. It scans email fine. Same problem wired or wireless. It is said the computer Scan is not enabled. When I try to activate scan to the computer using the HP utility, he runs for a long time and then says that the connection has been lost.
Try the following steps. If you want to learn more about your product, click here.
1. go to the HP utility to 8600 of (Preferences system, scanner open, click on the utility tab)
2. under scan settings, click scan to the computer
3. make sure that a check mark beside enable scan of the computer
4. click OK in all the dialog boxes and of proximity
5. try scan of front panel
Follow the steps below
1. open System Preferences
2. Open Print & Fax
3. in the white box under printers right-click and select Reset Printing System
Note: resetting the printing system will remove all printers in the print queue
4 restart the computer
5. Open Print & Fax and then click the + to add the printer to the print queue
6. open the HP utility, and then click Scan to computer to make sure this option is
Try scanning the computer to the printer and let me know what happens?
HP has designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and solves many problems of printing, scanning and connectivity: The HP Print and Scan doctor. HP recommend you to download and install Print and scan doctor no matter what time you need to solve a problem with your HP printer from the link below.
I would like to know what are the errors you receive?
Hello. I can print and copy but will not scan. It is five years old, the printer does not see a lot of action and is in good shape, so it would be a shame to get rid of if I can work on what is the problem. Any kind folk know where I should start? Thank you! Eugene
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I see that you can print but not scan with printer HP Photosmart c4280 on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. I'm happy to help you!
Please make sure you have the latest driver installed, in this guide, installation of a printer Mac driver by using Apple Software Update. Then take a look at this post, Re: iMac OS X 10.9.3 scan driver for HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 a A910a to iMac doesn't seem to be, by my colleague @Sunshyn2005. That applies to your situation as well.
If this, or one of the posts on this thread, helped you to solve the problem, please click 'Accept as Solution' said post. To show you 'like', or that they are grateful for my post, please click the thumbs upwards below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please don't forget to let me know!
I hope this helps!
JO 6210 will print but not scan
Hello attatronand welcome to the Forums of HP, I hope you enjoy your experience!
I understand that you are having problems of scanning. Any specific error comes up when scanning? Is that what you've scanned several programs? You are still able to make a copy?
I recommend to download and run the HP print and Scan doctor.
Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting operations. Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!
I recently updated my windows 8.0 to 8.1 Dell desktop and my 6380 photosomart would not work. I downloaded the updated driver, and the installer hangs on "rotating disc icon" who then disappears. It seems that the print function has been installed, but the printer doesn't scan. Multiple level 4 uninstalls, restarts as well as disabling the firewall during installation; I can print but not scan. I know that the printer works fine I can scan my laptop.
Hello there jcartmell,
If you are still having the problem with the installation of your printer on your system Windows 8.1, I would try to help out. I read your post and saw that you tried several level 4 uninstalls and still have the same problem installing. I'll post you a few of my recommendations.
- First of all, I would recommend a clean boot. How to make a boot in Windows (click on Windows 8.1 and follow the steps).
- After you restart the computer from the boot, complete an uninstall of level 4, you have done previously.
- When the computer restarts after uninstalling, reinstalling the software: series all-in-one printer, HP Photosmart C6300/6324 full feature software and driver
- Afterwards, return to the clean boot procedure to activate the disabled services.
I hope this helps!
All the best,
My Hp Deskjet Ink 3525 advantage will print but not copy or scan? I downloaded the latest software drivers, uninstalled and re-installed the prorgamme but nothing helped. Help, please. Thank you
On the main screen on the printer, press return, cancel, back, back button successively. You see Help menu, press the ok button, then use top / down arrow button to find the menu reset, reset complete semi selection and press the ok button.
It's troubleshooting last step which I recommend. If this does not solve your problem unfortunately you will need to replace the printer.
Say thank you by clicking on the Bravo thumb upwards in the post.
If my post to fix your problem please mark it as an acceptable Solution
HP officejet 4500 g510n-z prints ok but not scan
A computer to Windows Vista 32 bit
7 4 Windows machines
Windows XP 2 machines
running on the wireless have not tried usb
No IP conflict
worked the last time that I used it (months)
printer works fine (even if I have to restart now and then after the mode 'sleep')
latest drivers installed
It seems that the printer didn't install correctly on your Windows operating system. Follow the steps below.
First step: clear temp directory
- On desktop applications do a right-click of the mouse and select applications. In the application run, type %temp% .
- Select all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to remove. If you receive a message that the file is in use, you will need to ignore this file (s).
- Proceed to step 2 below
Second step: downloaded and extracted to your system:
1 download the drivers and full software features
2. once the download is complete, double-click the file to extract the software.
3. when the installation window opens, press the Cancel button to stop the installation
4. on desktop applications do a right-click of the mouse and select applications. In the application run, type %temp% .
5. Locate and open the folder starting with 7z (example: 7zS2356)
6. right click on the folder and select copy
7. close this window and all open windows, and then in the Middle the desktop right click your mouse and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder on your desktop.
8 open the 7z, that you just copied on your desktop
9 open the Util folder
10 open the CCC folder
11 start the uninstall_L4
12. once the uninstall is complete, restart the computer
13. run Disk Cleanup by pressing the Windows and R key at the same time back the term calls and Type cleanmgr.exe and press to enter. Select all the boxes and all delete. Click on the link below about this tool and no disclaimer.
14. download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
15 open the 7z folder and then double-click the Setup.exe file that will be towards the bottom of the open window. Follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall your printer.
Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver and are able to print & scan?
I have a HP C309g printer. It has worked fine for a few months. Now it WILL print, but not an analysis. If I try to scan from the printer he says 'try the scan of the computer', when I try to start the scan of my computer it says "scanner inaccessible."
Details of my system and what I've tried:
Windows 7 64 bit
Network does not work properly
Have restarted, computer and printer
Have reinstalled the printer
Lance HP Print & Scan doctor - says it can't find printer, even though it may find our other two printers
Thanks for the advice, even though none of them solved the problem so I tried to uninstall the printer again and this time I used the HP on the web site, re - install wizard install the printer. The scanner works now!
Thanks again for the response.
I am able to print from my laptop but can not scan my laptop
I don't know why you are unable to scan. I enclose a document here http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-2510-All-in-One-Printer-series/5157438/model/5157444/document/c03478505/ which is an overview of digitization in point 8.1 of Windows
I think that some of your question may have been cut. If this document didn't help--please let me know more details about what happens when you try to scan and I'll try to help!
Maybe you are looking for
Hello I HAD INSTALLED VISTA ON MY SATELLITE U200, BUT I HAD SOUND PROBLEMS AS MANY PEOPLE No, I reinstalled xp recovery disk, but still sound does not work Can someone help me? installation of the drivers, etc. Best regards Joeri
Hello! I have a quick question: I'm a little unsure if the effect of persistence I place on my F750 (model without glasses) can be the result of a defective screen. If I run the utility x-tune in the "professional" mode, I see a green clear picture b
VAIO care has stopped working
Hi all I have two table with a different size, Table 1 table 2 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 If compound arithmetic GOLD was performed on them, I went out 1 1 1 Is it possible that I can get 1 1 1 1 Thank you.
I'm trying to close my account msn without success. I do not have a paid subscription, but it tells me that I do,