Can I connect Macbook Air to two external monitors?
I have the MacBook Air (13 inch, early 2015), one of the monitors is already connected via DVI/Thunderbolt and given the MacBook Air only have port a thunderbolt and two USB 3.0 ports, is possible that I connect the other monitor from other ports.
MacBook Air 13 "(early 2014)
I bought a Samsung S32E590C 32 '' nice monitor but cannot get above 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz (1080 p) using Thunderbolt to HDMI. The resolution is so low that I can't use the screen correctly. I'm afraid I won't be able to get a better resolution with my Macbook Air and will have to sell the monitor...
Welcome to the communities of Apple Support! I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your MacBook Air and your new view. I'm sure we can help you understand what can happen.
Based on your model described, it seems that the beginning of 2014 MacBook Air should be able to produce a somewhat higher resolution for a monitor external, as shown here:
Graphics and video Support
- Intel HD 5000 graphics card
- Dual display and copy video: simultaneous support for native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
However, the max possible resolution may be limited by the type of connection, or the specific adapter you use. For example, this Mini-DisplayPort-HDMI adapter supports up to 4 K (~ 3840 x 2160) resolution:
.. supported .While this Mini-DisplayPort-HDMI adapter only supports 1920 x 1200:
Then how you connect to an external monitor can certainly affect the maximum resolution available. In this case especially, however, I suspect that the issue is actually the screen itself, as it appears from the Samsung S32E590C screen to list a 1920 x 1080 max resolution:
I hope that was helpful.
See you soon
How can I transfer my photos to iCloud by using a MacBook Air to an external hard drive? After downloading, my iCloud pictures can be deleted to free space on my iPhone 6 s?
Can I use my MacBook Air as an external display for a MacMini via ports thunderbolt?
No, you can't.
I have a Tecra M7, I would put up two external monitors. I install one on the VGA port and one DVI port and I try to extend the monitor overall, but the only option I have is to an external monitor and the screen of the tablet itself.
Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?
As far as I know that something like this is not possible. Graphics card can send the signal on a port only, VGA or DVI.
If you want to use two external monitors, you need an external device, such as Toshiba Dynadock (docking station USB with VGA or DVI port). Using the docking station, you will have three monitors shown in display properties. We will be connected directly to the laptop and the second on this docking station.
Is it possible to connect two external monitors to a docking of HP 2740? If so, how it is with 1 single VGA port on the docking station. The tablet which is embodied is a HP Elitebook 2760P.
Yes, you got that right.
He landed again until what's available / condition on the 2nd external monitor. These days most of them VGA, HDMI and DVI while that few of them have display port too.
Satellite P100 comes with two port external monitor. One VGA and one DVI. Can you have two external monitor works at the same time? Can you have two external monitor as well as your internal screen working at the same time (for a total of 3 screen at the same time?
Here's what I confirm:
Internal display + display DVI connector
Internal display + screen VGA connector
Is it possible to have:
Display connector DVI + VGA connector display?
Display connector DVI + VGA connector screen + internal display?
As far as I know, this is not possible and you can use a DVI or VGA port.
Output signal can be used only a single port for external monitor.
I think to buy Tecra Z50, but one of the features that I need is the ability to connect two external monitors.
Is it possible to have a monitor connected to the HDMI and a VGA (with computer laptop lid closed)?
* Hi-speed III Port Replicator is not an option, because it is not available in my country (Croatia).
I don t think you will be able to connect two external monitors to this laptop using HDMI and RGB port at the same time because of different types of signals.
The RGB/VGA port supports analog signal.
The HDMI port provides the digital video output and when the external monitor is connected to the HDMI port the device is set to HDMI.
> * Hi-speed III port replicator is not an option because it is not available in my country (Croatia).
What of the Dynadock? Its an external device connected to the s for computer laptop USB port.
It supports own graphic unit and you can connect to another external monitor such Dynadock 2nd.
I wonder if it is possible to connect two external monitors P105-S9722 model using the DVI and VGA ports at the same time?
It is very interesting question but unfortunately I don't l t figured out how you use two monitors. Can you please be a little more specific?
I am also interested in how you are connected the two monitors on your laptop?
I just got MacBook pro 13-inch retina and the default resolution is 1280px in width, and the maximum value is 1600px.
If I connect the laptop to an external monitor via HMDI 1920px resolution, the resolution will actually be 1920, max mobile as 1600?
You can set the external display to the monitor native resolution or HDMI resolution according to your preference.
Don't use mirror display on external monitor because when you mirror on the screen display resolution is also in reverse. Use extended display mode.
Is it possible to configure my laptop Pavilion dv6 to take charge of two external monitors? It does not resemble a connection docking station on the bottom of the laptop
I am writing just this note using my HP Pavilion dv6 (AMD A8), and I use two Samsung 27 "external displays, a Samsung 2770hd (HDMI output) and a Samsung SyncMaster T260 * w/VGA DVI cable).
I use the HDMI and the VGA output of my HP laptop. Adapt the VGA connector, I used a dremel cutting tool to easily remove a side area plastic of the connector. It was very easy and I had to do it because my VGA connector was too big and it wouldn't let me put the connector hdmi beside him.
Otherwise, it works great. I could use resolution 1900 x 1200, but one of my monitors (VGA) only has a resolution of 1900 x 1080, so I have both at this resolution.
This machine is faster than my older HP desktop computer and occupies all the space... Very nice work AMD... !!! I love this machine can use the integrated and discrete GPUS using crossfire...
I have laptop Dell XPS L702X and you want to connect two monitors external to it when I'm at my desk. The laptop has a HDMI and display Port. Could someone tell me 1) if it is possible to connect two external monitors to my laptop. I do not know if this is supported. (2) if it is supported what would be the best way to do it. Here are some of my thoughts, but I don't know if they will work
(1) port HDMI to a monitor and Display Port to the other monitor. It will even work? The monitors will look the same?
(2) HDMI to DVI Splitter. This seems reasonable but it will reflect the entire screen or I will be able to extend the desktop. I don't want to see the same thing on both monitors. Will also be this gradient. I was kind of hoping it Full HD that I don't need absolutely.
(3) using the HDMI then gettting and external USB video card. I'd rather not but if I have to I guess I do.
Thanks for your thoughts and please add more options than what I have just listed. I want to find the optimal solution.
Well I thought about it. Option #1 work. You can connect two monitors to the Dell XPS L702X. In fact, I have three.
(1) the computer screen
(2) monitor 1 using the HDMI output on laptop to the HDMI input on the monitor
(3) 2 of Montor output using Mini Display Port to VGA input on screen (using a Mini Display Port to VGA cable) I see these cables everywhere on the internet, but they all say to use with Mac. I call the Dell technical support and they managed to send me the right cable for use with Dell. Others may work, however, I'm not sure. It is unfortunate that Dell doesn't have a Mini Display Port to DVI - D. I want conversion back VGA is going back in time. The display seems perfect for a regular job but don't know about the movies or games.
Complaints to Dell if someone he cares
(1) I called your sales for the purchase of monitors line and they told me wrong information on how to connect monitors and those to buy. First, they said I had to buy a usb docking station. The station costs around $100 and it would very definitely degrade the display. I have the hdmi and display port of course so I want to use them. When I pressed on this they then tried to get to buy me and switch hdmi for over $ 150. I personally do not think it will work because I want to extend my screen do not have the same result on both. Maybe it would work well, they seem not confident even though I was told it would work. Also, I didn't drop $150 extra. So I don't end up buy monitors dell of Dell because of the wrong information. Oh they also told me I wouldn't be able to have 3 views using my video card and that I would need an external. (Evil) Overall that's mad and I lost a lot of time trying to do a simple task of connecting monitors.
(2) I finally decided to call Dell technical support. I should have done this earlier, but every time I call the technical support they want me to pay. Fortunately I get assistance for a new computer. I'm starting to feel better Dell again. Technical support told me that I could connect two monitors using HDMI and Display Port. They me even a cable for the display port. OK, I'm getting happier. However, technical support also told me that I couldn't use 3 screens and that I would need an external video card. They tried to repel the horribly rated usb docking station that they sell. In all of the right specifications mine but reviews everyone has problems. Anyway they Support went above and beyond (and I was not screaming or complain to them) that they actually had a technician out the cable. Now, it is an exaggeration, but was really nice, because I was not happy with Dell for the moment. I hooked the two monitors and extended my screen and to my surprise, all three screens worked. Yahoo! So happy.
It was a frustrating race with bad information throughout, but ultimately, I'm happy. I hope that you don't have to go through my frustration and make just the satisfaction of having 3 screens.
I have a Toshiba Tecra A9 laptop and a Toshiba express port replicator, the Replicator has two outputs DVI & VGA, but I just can't seam to allow them both to use my funds rather than 1 desktop computer screens and the screen of the laptop.
Is this possible?
See you soon
As far as I know that something like this is not possible. The video signal may not be spited and sent to two video output ports. If you want to use two external monitors, you need an additional video source as Toshiba Dynadock or another solution.
I have a pavillion n201ax... m video editor... I need to connect the source monitor second monitor) to my laptop... I hav tried many things but its not detecting don't not the external monitor... Please help me my laptop has hdmi... I HAV connected hdmi to VGA for external monitor but its does not connect thanks
Thanks for getting back to me. I understand that you use a third-party HDMI to VGA. I support that the HDMI port.
Are there any why try to connect to a HDMI device to test the port. Or you can contact the manufacter of the adapter.
Please get back to me and I'll try to help you.
I need to buy a new laptop of Lenovo in emergency.
But we must ensure that it supports dual display on two external monitors. (VGA)
My question is:
(1) we plan to buy with the mini dock more, she has two HDMI port.
can it support two external monitors for Intel HD Graphics 3000?
(we will close the covers when to use two external monitors)
(2) can I use DVI to convert converter VGA to VGA to support two external monitors
(3) what is the difference in weight to 220 X SATA HDD and SSD HDD?
Please help to emergency!
Yes, it works.
He must need a converter VGA (F) display port.
See you soon
Maybe you are looking for
HI - had this problem so that I can remember! Occasionally I get a print - document I managed 2 days ago, but it went to print some word documents today and get the message "word cannot print, no printer is installed. Yet, when I go into "devices and
Skype will keep signing me in and out randomly, when I try to reconnect immediately, it takes me to the connection and I must repeat 5 times before I get into Skype and when I'm in there all my contacts are offline, and when this happens, calls ive b
One of my laptops old becomes a problem with a disk error. I need to create a system image, replace the disk, and then restore the image. Vista Home does not include the option to create an image - although a lot of 3rd party tools do. Does anyone
Separated from this thread. I have problem with explore crashing. This web page has not a place to post my question. Details of the accident are: The failing application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d672ee4The failed mo
Hey guys,. I created a textInput that takes 0-9 numbers plus one decimal point of a custom keyboard. Now, since it is a number, I want text to deal with the fact that ONLY one decimal entered. I want it is that if a second decimal place is entered, a