have error code 2160841 on an update
Update tries to install and it returns an error every time, but other updates have installed ok
What is the error code?
What is 643 or 1603?
or repost in the correct windows update forum
Whenever I'm going to update office 2007 using updat auto I get the error code 646. I have to have to review the updates and goto discovers each separately to update and install them one at a time. How to return to the installation of automatic update, so I did not install them one at a time?
1. maybe repair or reinstall Office 2007. You will need your product key and the original installation media.
2. try to install the updates with the media in the drive of original installation.
I think it's because of a registry problem that keeps this error for specific products that is why I proposed the repair/reinstallation of office.
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
I have error code 8024200d when you try to update and install SP1 for Vista. I'm currently running Vista Ultimate. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you! Matt
The 8024200d result code indicates WU_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD
Update Manager did not install the update because it must be downloaded again.
Suggest you download and Save the complete stand-alone package of Vista SP1.
Links to the standalone versions are on this page because you validate that the edition of Vista is x 86 (32-bit) or x 64 (64-bit). You can see the architecture of the system of opening in the Panel and next to the search System system type: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Before attempting to apply the SP1 please consider this information-
If you choose to install Windows Vista SP1 via the standalone installer available on the Microsoft Download Center, Microsoft recommends that you first check Windows Update and install all drivers in option. Read the Articles in the Knowledge Base 948187 and 948343 for more information.
Suggest you to create a folder on the root drive (the drive where Windows is installed, usually C:\) and name SP1.
Move the downloaded Service Pack in the newly created folder.
Disconnect all the devices, printer, external USB hard drive, etc.
Then, Configure the system starts in a clean condition
After you restart the worm as a clean boot, apply SP1.
If there is still a problem with the installation of SP1, MS offer support chat and free e-mail to "help you to download and install service packs" here-
Microsoft technical support
Or, you can post here - MowGreen Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs Windows IT Pro - consumer safety Expert
I have error codes 80070079 and 8007045 D, have tried to install updates several times without success. They are made to security update & probably really need them. I was able to other updates but not those four for the last month or two. Thanks for your help!
See if this thread is useful.
UTC/GMT is 01:30 on Monday, July 9, 2012
Error code: 0x800A0046 while windows update sites access & installation of updates... ? Regds, 'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
"Resolution of the error code: 0x800A0046".
To resolve this problem, follow these steps on the client computers. Step 1: Verify the DCOM security
Step 2: Check the DCOM default properties
- Click Start and run, type Dcomcnfg, and then click OK.
- Expand Component Services and then expand computers.
- Do right click my computer and then click Properties.
- Click the COM Security tab
- Under access permissions, click on change by default.
- Check that the following accounts are listed:
On Microsoft Windows XP-based and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 clientsThe collapse of this Expand table this table
Account name Permission type Permission Gites, administrators or a user who belongs to the Administrators group Local access Allow System Local access Allow
On clients based on Microsoft Windows 2000The collapse of this Expand table this table
Account name Permission type Permission Directors Local access Allow System Local access Allow
- If either of these accounts is missing in the access permission box, follow these steps:
- Click Add, click Advanced and then click locations.
- In the location box, click the Local_Computer_Name and then click OK.
- Click Find now.
- Press CTRL and click the required account names, and then click OK twice.
- In the group or user names box, click an account that you have added, click Local access in the permissions for box Account_Name and then click to select the check box in the column allow.
- Repeat step 7 for all accounts that you just added, and then click OK.
- Click the default properties tab.
- Make sure that the following configuration:
- The Enable Distributed COM on this computer check box is selected.
- In the default authentication level box, the connection is selected.
- In the default impersonation level box, the identification is selected.
- Make the necessary changes and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.
Step 3: Verify that your user account is not a member of the guests group note this step applies only to computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional, or Windows 2000 and that are not joined to a domain.
- Click Start, click settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Expand computer management, and then expand local users and groups.
- Click users.
- In the right pane, double-click the account that you used to log on the computer.
- Click on the Member tab of.
- Click guests, click on remove and then click OK.
Step 4: Check the security descriptor in customers service updates automatic-based on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP-based
- Click Start, run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following command and press ENTER to reset the security descriptor:SC tisb wuauserv D: (A; CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC; SELLERS) (A; CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO; (BA) (A; CCLCSWLOCRRC; AU) (A; CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC; CENTRAL UNIT)
Note in a domain environment, this security setting may be configured by a Group Policy object. If the problem is resolved temporarily after you type this command, a Group Policy object is probably configured. The domain administrator must modify group policy to include the appropriate security settings.
Windows 2000-based clients
- Download the Subinacl utility. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.Microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4A91-93Cf-ed6985e3927b & amp; amp; displaylang = in (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b & amp; amp; DisplayLang = en)
- Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions in the Windows Resource Kit Tools Setup Wizard. By default, the Subinacl utility is installed in the following directory:C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools
- Click Start, run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type cd C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools to move to the directory where the Subinacl utility has been installed.
- Type the following command and press ENTER:Subinacl/service wuauserv /sddl = D:(A;;) CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC; SELLERS) (A; CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO; (BA) (A; CCLCSWLOCRRC; AU) (A; CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC; CENTRAL UNIT)
Step 5: Check the local security policy
- Note in a domain environment, this security setting may be configured by a Group Policy object. If the problem is resolved temporarily after you type this command, a Group Policy object is probably configured. The domain administrator must modify group policy to include the appropriate security settings.
- This step applies only to the Windows Server 2003-based, Windows 2000-based, or Windows XP Professional computers.
- If your user account is in a domain, this security setting may be configured by a Group Policy object that is located on the network. Contact the network administrator, or see the following article for more information Microsoft Knowledge Base:810739 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810739/) white paper: Troubleshooting Group Policy in Windows 2000
- Click Start and run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Expand Computer Configuration, expand Windows settings, expand Security settings, and then expand local policies.
- Click user rights assignment.
- In the right pane, double-click on impersonate a client after authentication.
- Verify that the Service accounts and directors are included.
- If the Service account or the Administrators account is missing, follow these steps to add the account:
- Click on add a user or group, click Advanced, and then click locations.
- In the location box, click Local_Computer_Name, and then click OK.
- Click Find now.
- Press CTRL and click the required account names, and then click OK three times.
- Restart the computer.
Step 6: Enable the persistence of user data in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Internet.
- Click on custom level.
- In the settings dialog box, scroll down to the Miscellaneous section.
- Under the Userdata persistence, click Activate.
- Click OK two times.
Regds, 'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
Update for Microsoft Security Essetials KB2804527 (18.104.22.168) Installation failure error Code: 0x8004FF83 all other updates installed OK.
What version of Microsoft Security Essentials you run?
What operating system and service pack?
Prior security software?
No matter what security software installed again?
Please read the following:
A possible reason for this problem is that you have installed entirely or partially on the PC security software conflict. Remove all other computer security software.
You may need to use a cleaning tool to remove your prior security software:
The current time and the date now in Ohio, the United States is07:28
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
UTC - 0500 (EST) Eastern Standard time
UTC/GMT is 12:28 on Wednesday, February 27, 2013Current weather conditions in ColumbusCloudy4 ° C / 40 ° F
I get the error code 8007005 when downloading update 951847. It produces about 60-70% of fact. I tried a few times and still nothing. I have an Acer Aspire M5620 running Windows Vista hope first Edition, SP1. I use the automatic updates. I tried following the instructions on changing permissions, but I do not have the same path as in the answers here. He said that this is an important security update. Any help appreciated.
I tried to use Mr. FixIt and he could not run the error code giving 2838
Method 1: -.
Please download Windows Installer CleanUp utility from the link, below
After installation, run the tools by clicking Start--> Programs--> Windows Clean up.
On the inside of the window, you will see different installed versions of the .NET Framework. You should choose & Remove only that versions of the .NET Framework, that fails to deploy every time-for which you receive error code. (i.e. you should only remove .NET Framework 3.5 & its application solutions packs)
Then, restart your computer and manually install the following updates in the order
(1) package Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 from the link below:
(2) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 from the following link:
(3) now, download the KB951847 patch manually.
Method 2: -.
Error code: 8007005 means of problems with permissions. Please perform the procedure below
Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on this file as an administrator)
and type: secedit/configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf/db defltbase.sdb / verbose
Now restart your computer & try to visit the Web site updated Microsoft or try to download the file manually from the link below
If no help verify the steps using the link below
[If this post can help solve your problem, click on the button 'Mark as answer' or 'Useful' at the top of this message.] [Marking a post as answer, or relatively useful, you help others find the answer more quickly.]
I tried to completely update of windows, but the 8007000D error code keeps causing the update fails. The update is for - Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB982480). Could you be it someone please let me know if there are patches to get rid of this error, or get the update to pass by? Thank you!
You are able to install some other updates?
I suggest you follow these methods and check.
Method 1: Run the fixit.
The problem with Microsoft Windows Update is not working:
Method 2: Run the clean boot and install the updates.
To do this, follow the steps in this link:
NOTE: After you check the clean boot feature configure Windows to use a Normal startup using step 7 proposed in the above mentioned link.
If the method above does not work, proceed to the next method.
Method 3: download and install the Cumulative update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB982480) from this link.
If the method above does not work, proceed to the next method.
Method 4: Rename the Software Distribution folder.
Rename the temporary Windows Update Software Distribution folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open an administrative command prompt window.
- Run the following commands and press ENTER after each command:
- Net stop wuauserv
- CD %SystemRoot%\System32
- Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Net start wuauserv
- Try to install updates again.
Important: When you use this method, the following problems occur:
· Updates that are currently downloaded but which have not yet been installed must be downloaded again by using Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
· When you remove the Software Distribution folder, your download history is deleted.
· If you currently receive updates from Microsoft Update and Windows Update, you will need to reselect this option from the Windows Update Web site.
Note If the problem is resolved and you can successfully download and install the updates, you can safely remove the SoftwareDistribution.old folder to recover disk space.
I hope this helps!
I get an error code BC2 whenever Windows Update tries to install Windows Live ID
· Are you able to install any other Windows update?
· You will remember to do recent changes on the computer before this problem?
I suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:
0x00000BC2 error means Error_Success_Reboot_Required. This means that you must restart the computer. If you have already connected to a live application, you can restart the computer and check if the problem occurs.
If the previous step fails, follow the steps in the link:
For your reference if you have any particular Windows installation updated question. You can follow the steps in the link:
I get this error code c800044e for Windows updates. I tried the support center to the bottom of the load and fix, but it does not resolve this error. Help, please.
1. all the troubleshooting steps have followed so far?
2. the updates could not be installed?
3. what fixit did you run?
4 have have there been recent changes made on the computer before the show?
I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.
Method 1: Put the computer in a clean boot state and try to install the updates.
Note: After installing the updates, follow step 7 in the link provided to return the computer to a Normal startupmode.
Try to download the update and install.
Method 2: If the problem persists with Windows updates, the problems with the installation of the updates.
Method 3: How to reset the Windows Update components?
Then try to reinstall updates.
I hope the information is useful!
error code 80070673 for windows update for vista
Thank you for your message. Please click HERE for a possible solution to your problem.
See you soon
Jason H. Engineer Support of Microsoft answers visit our Microsoft answers feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Error code: 8024200d (cannot install updates)
Error 0x8024200D code is:
The Setup program requires more data to download
Option 1 - Download updates manually and install the same (you can find the same via number KB) -http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx
or you can simply try.
Option 2 - How to reset the Windows Update settings?
Harold Horne / TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2011. The information has been provided * being * with no guarantee or warranty.
I get the error code 646 when installing updates KB2288953, KB2288621 and KB2291599. My Dungeon udates on default.
read the problems known in this page, they explain what to do. There is a link to a fix the article.
Let us know if this helped.
Microsoft Works important updates. error 646?
Here is an article with a fix for updates, get the error code 646 (mainly Office updates):http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2258121.
If this does not work, try the Windows Update Agent to:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104/.
If that still does not help, please repost your question in Forum Windows Update:http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads , where updates experts will be happy to help you. Please post with the information requested here:what to post in the Windows Update forum
I hope this helps.
Good luck! Lorien - MCSA/MCSE/network + / has + - if this post solves your problem, please click the 'Mark as answer' or 'Useful' button at the top of this message. Marking a post as answer, or relatively useful, you help others find the answer more quickly.
Error code 80070032 trying to update windows Vista Hi I forgot I'm doing an update of windows & cant I disc clean up as well as other tasks that can do?
can you help me please? Thank you please hurry my e-mail address below
E-mail address is removed from the privacy *.
Failed to create the directory or file
Is this a sudden, new problem or a course?
What application or antivirus security suite is installed and your current subscription? What anti-spyware (other than Defender) applications? What third-party firewall (if applicable)?
A (another) Norton or McAfee application has already been installed on this machine (for example, a free trial version which is preinstalled when you bought it)?
~ Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (that is to say, mail, security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ WARNING: MS MVPs represent or work for Microsoft
Maybe you are looking for
Hello I bought my Toshiba computer 3 days ago and my computer laptop screen flickers randomly, especially when the computer is running (CPU load or data WIFI). Twinkle is similar to this image:http://olavthoresen.com/Pandora/flickering.jpg (I just fo
Hello I ve just got my new Qosmio X 505 - Q890 of the United States but I m living in Cyprus and the power cable doesn't fit. Should what kind of cable I?
One of my school L300 keyboard and touchpad stopped working after a months of normal use. It has been reported, and on the advice of our technician, I used the disc of the cure to reinstall everything back to the original state. However, this does no
I can't configure my iphone after restor
I work with a VISA resource via the USB port that reads in the results of printf (% lu % TSP %d)) of a microcontroller. These results are as ASCII numbers, their length in bytes is unknown. Numbers * should * be not more than 3 digits, but I can't kn