OfficeJet Pro 8620: Cannot download printing software
I just downloaded the HP Easy Start software for my printer on HP web site without problem. Running the software to set up my printer it starts to download the crucial software. After downloading for a while, it displays the following error message, "cannot install the software. Cannot download the software. Check your network connection and then try again. »
This message has initially started after 6MB were downloaded. However, whenever I hit OK and the download began immediately to treat once again, the number of MB are needed until the message occurs an increase slightly. It seems to increase by 1 MB, whenever I have reprocessed the download.
There is no apparent problem with my connection to the network. All other programs and devices connect to the network without problem. I'm operating a 27-inch iMAC late 2014 with 4 GHz Intel Core i7 processors and 32 GB of DDR3 memory. The OS is El Capitan Version 10.11.1. My router is a Capsule 3 TB.
Try to install the software via Software Update as follows:
Then, install the HP Easy Scan application below:
Please let me know the results, the steps above provide all the features, exactly as does HP Easy Start.
Tags: HP Printers
We have an Officejet Pro 8620 with extra paper tray. Tray 1 for Virgin paper, tray 2 for the paper with the logo of the company.
Now, when we want to print to tray 2, we reject Tray 1, whereas, after a few attempts the software switches to tray 2 and printing begins.
It is possible, before printing, to change the setting in the software, select printing for tray 2. But it's pretty heavy.
We want an easy way to select printing for Tray 1 or the tiroir2. For example, as seen in other environments, so that we can choose to print on:
-HP Officejet Pro 8620 (Tray 1) or
-HP Officejet Pro 8620 (tray 2)
This could be seen as a separate printers. How can we achieve this?
Change the setting every time, is not a good option. In addition, we have other software that we want to configure so that they automatically print to the correct bin.
Welcome to the Forums of HP Support!
I would like to help you today with the addition of two copies of your HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-all-in-one printer to your Windows 7 computer to make impression on tray 1 and 2 of the State Bar an easier process for you. Can I please you follow the steps below.
1. click on the Start menu
2. Select devices and printers
3. in the devices folder and printers, you should see your printer HP Officejet 8620 installation
- Before you continue, we must determine how your printer is connected. If you have a printer Wireless HP Officejet 8620, on the front panel of your printer, tap the Setup button. Select Network Configuration. Select the wireless settings. Touch Wireless details. Make a note of the IP address.
- If you have the cable plugged USB printer please right click on the HP Officejet 8620 under the printers and devices folder and click on printer properties. Click the Ports Look under the list of Ports for the port selected for your printer. There should be a check mark next to one of the USB ports. If you move your mouse over the Port is expected to show you the full name (USB 0001, 0002 USB, USB 0003, etc.). Note the number of USB Port.
4. then right click on the HP Officejet 8620 which shows currently installed on your computer. Left click on Printing Preferences.
5. on the paper/quality tab, select the paper sizeand tray (Tray 1) .
6. click on apply and OK
7. right click on the HP Officejet 8620 last once and click on Printing Preferences. On the general tab, you should be able to add (Tray 1) at the end of the name of your printer.
8. click apply and then OK to save the changes.
9. now, must be added in the second copy of your printer. Please close devices and printers for a moment.
10. click on the Start menu
11. in "search programs and files" box located just above start type % temp % and press enter on your keyboard
12. when the Temp folder opens, select Ctrl + A at the same time on your keyboard. Everything in this folder will highlight now.
13. Select the "delete" button on your keyboard. The Temp folder contains the temporary internet files. None of the actual files or folders on your computer will be affected by deleting Temp files. A Temp file should you will automatically get the pop up to 'jump' this point.
14. close the Temp folder when it is empty
15. right-click the recycling bin on your desktop and select empty recycling bin
16. click here to download the driver Officejet 8620
17. when the download is complete extraction will occur and may open an install window. If an installation window opens, Please close it.
18. click on the Start menu
19. in the box "search programs and files" type folder and press enter
20. when the Temp folder opens, find the file 7z. Click once 7z folder to open it , it
21. at the top of the page, you will see the path to the file. It should show something like: Local C - users - AppData - Local - Temp-7z drive... Left click on the right side of this bar of the file path. All that will now highlight in the path of the file. Right-click on the path of the file to highlight then copy it.
22. close the Temp folder
23. click on the Start menu
24 click on devices and printers
25 click on Add a printer in the top
26. click Add a local printer and click Next
27. click on use an existing Port. Click the menu drop down and choose the exact same port that your HP's Officejet 8620 at current address is installed on. Press Next.
28. If you are brought to a list of manufacturers and Printers, click disk , at the bottom right. Right click on the bar of path of file in the window "install from disk" and "Paste" in the path of the file we copied previously
29 press on Next to complete the process of adding
30. Once you are taken back to the devices window and normal printers, you should see two copies of your installed HP Officejet. If you see only a single copy, your computer can be grouped under the same icon. Make a right click on the HP Officejet see you and now need arrows next to the options (options print, the print properties, etc.). If you click on the arrows, you will see two copies of your printer.
31. right click on the HP Officejet 8620 we set up for tray 2
32. left click on Printing Preferences
33. click the paper/quality tab
34 select the paper in tray 2 trayand set the paper size
35. click on apply and OK
36. you can right click on your HP Officejet one more time and select printer properties.
37. rename this copy to HP Officejet 8620 (tray 2)
38. click on apply and OK
Now when you try to print, when you select the file and print , you'll see a Tray 1 and a copy of your HP Officejet tray 2 . Simply choose the copy that corresponds to the status bar you want to print from.
Please let me know if the steps I have provided to resolve your problem. It may seem like there are a lot of steps, but it's really an easy process. I wanted to give you as much detail as possible for scenarios that may occur. Good luck!
My new 8620 habit simply printed.
Scan and these images successfully appears on the laptop. Wireless connection is strong and recognized. can print from 2 different iPhones, but nothing of the laptop.
Print Manager and HP Web site so tell me the printer is online and ready, and is the default printer recognized and there is no problem with the printer.
Same printing page Web HP EWS but nothing else of the laptop may print
Running HP Print & Scan Dr. (about 4 times) and the test page does not print, but I can print the internal test page. Then say it is a software problem and uninstall.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, completely deleted printer off, unplugged, ALL but nothing doesn't make this stupid boring piece of manure impression
Not sure whether I'm under Windows 10 32 or 64 bits. Remember exactly where to find this info.
Urgent need help I have work to do.
Thank you for using the HP forum.
Have you tried to install the HP printer software?
You can download and install the software FULL of HP printing features to win 10 (32/64-bit):
Once you have downloaded and installed the software, FULL of features, you will be able to print and scan.
Let us know if it works and what are the errors that you see.
We recommend that you uninstall before reinstalling the previous software.
Hope that helps.
After switching to Windows 10, I found that I could not scan to my computer using a USB connection. I ran HP print and Scan doctor and he said that everything was OK and I could actually scan a document into my computer using the "scan test" function of the program. However, the normal scan would not work with the error msg 'connection to computer is lost. So I uninstalled the current HP printer driver software and downloaded the recommended replacement. The scan does not always for the same reason. Still printing HP and Scan doctor said that everything is perfect with the scanner but now when I try to do a 'test' scan I get the message "HP Officejet Pro 8620 is not found".
This same package worked for many other clients, so I don't feel the driver/software it is, on the contrary, I suspect that the question has something to do with the computer. I'm always happy to do everything that I can to help if you want.
I suggest running the tool (SFC.exe) System File Checker. If you do not know how, you can use the following link for instructions: System File Checker: run sfc/scannow & analyze its logs in Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
Another thing we can do to help isolate the problem is to perform a WebScan.
I made some screenshots for you that might help, I know that sometimes it is easier when you have a Visual. You will need to get the printers IP address from the front panel of the printer. You can touch the wireless network icon and view in the menu wireless settings. Take the IP address and enter the address of a browser bar.
In the embedded Web server, click settings
On the left side, click the administrator settings
You will see the following message will appear, click OK
You can now select continue on this site
It may take a few minutes for the next page load. You might even see get a message that says: "Internal system error", if this happens please just refresh the page. (you can tap F5 on the keyboard to refresh)
Once the WebScan is enabled you can click the WebScan tab above and do a scan. Please let me know if it works or not.
I bought a HP Officejet Pro 8620 and connect 2 computers via a wireless connection with the latest driver.
In the first computer (windows 7) I can print without any problem
On the second one (windows 8), when I try to print, I can see in the windows printer spooler file that I'm going to print. The file is sent to the printer, without error, BUT nothing happens.
I already tried reinstalling the drivers, restart the computer, the printer. I tried to connect to a wired network. It still does not. It's very weird but I got no error, just does not print. I thought that the printer does not work, but on the second computer I can print.
Thank you for your advice
Please download and run the HP print and Scan Doctor www.hp.com/go/tools
I have a brand new 8620 and I use Windows 7. My printer prints a few PDFs but not most other PDF documents. I am using Acrobat Reader XI. The printer will print from MS Office.
Hello! Welcome to the @lmel forums
I have a few ideas that come to mind, I read the issue you're having with printing of PDF files. They are here!
1. try to resave the PDF files that do not print and then try printing again.
2. update of Adobe:
Select help - search for updates. If a new update is available, it installs automatically.
Once installed, you can restart a computer.
Then try to print the PDF file.
3. run the print and scan the doctor. This diagnostic tool will check for all conflicts that may be causing the problem. The tool will show you a report at the end. If there is a problem that the tool could not fix, you will notice it in the results.
Restart the PC
Reinstall the printer: HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-all-in-One Printer series full feature software and drivers
That should do the trick! Keep me abreast of the results!
Have a great Wednesday
I use HP Officejet Pro on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 8620. It seems that 2 sides print has stopped working for some applications. It was working fine before. I tried to print from a Web site and selected 'double-sided' but impressions are released in the form of separate pages. I tried for a PDF with the same thing happens. I printed from InDesign (CS5) and it worked fine 2 faces. What happened and how can I run constantly? Thank you
Welcome to the Forums of HP Support!
I understand that you have some problems with the printing of your Mac OS x 10.10 machine to your Officejet Pro 8620 e-all-in-one printer. I can help you with that.
To start, make sure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet, not a surge protector. Once done:
- If your printer is connected to your Mac via a USB cable, remove it.
- Click on your Apple icon, system preferences and printers and Scanners.
- Hold down the CTRL key and click the icon of your printer on the left.
- Click on reset printing system.
- Open Applications, utility and disk utility.
- Click "Macintosh HD" on the left.
- Click on verify disk permissions. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Click on repair disk permissions. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Restart your Mac.
Now, if you removed the USB cable, plug it. Otherwise:
- Click on your Apple icon, system preferences and printers and Scanners.
- Click on the button "+" at the bottom left.
- Select your printer from the list.
- Click the check box next to and select your printer from the list.
- Click on Add.
Please let me know if the results after following the above. If you are able to print double-sided, please click on accept solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. The two icons are below this post.
An employee has a problem with a printer. Repeating me "printer failure" Please restart it... over and over. Then he said: contact HP if continues to display the message to the top. Laughing out loud!! This is not very helpful at all. After an hour of trying to "contact HP", I resorted to this forum for help. Can someone help me? This printer is not available for chat and phone support tells me online. Round robins are supposed to be non-existent, except for support at HP
Thank you for joining the Forums of HP Support!
I understand that there is an error message which reads "Printer failure" on the HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-all-in-one printer. I also see that you would like as the contact information for the HP Technical Support. I want to help you.
Here is a document that I recommend that you try, HP - "Problem with print head", "Printer failure" printers 'Ink system failure' or a '0 x' r's 'C2 '.... "Displays Message error.
HP Officejet Pro 8600, 8610, 8620, 8630, 8640 and 8660 e - all-in - One Printer Series - one "ink system failure" Error Message on the printer "This document is for HP Officejet Pro 8600, 8610, 8615, 8620, 8625, 8630 and 8660 printer e-all-in-one.
My 8620 Pro Offoce prints only in black except when I print a test page. I have a Mac running OS X El Capitan. I have updated the drivers so that changed with hp ink cartridges ink cartridges. I can't understand why nothing prints in color. Can anyone help?
Welcome to the HP community @Walt_1,
I wanted to tender hand to try to help with the problem you are having with your Mac running 10.11 does not print black when you use your Officejet 8620. As the test print black pages, we know that the printer itself works fine, and the problem is software partner. Here are some steps I suggest for you to try.
- Reset the printing system
- Restart the Mac.
- Click on this link, download and run the HP Easy Start to install the printer.
- In addition, to download this driver: HP v3.1 for OS X printer drivers.
- Try to print from a few different programs from your Mac to test printing.
Let me know the results if you please!
Testify of my answer by hitting the thumbs to the top slot
Click on the button "Accept as Solution" if I helped you reach a solution.
Good luck, I hope this information helps
Nice day. I tried to use the cd and driver online. CD refused to work as win 10 has been recognized as platform is not taken in charge. I tried to use the driver on the site of hp for this printer, but he could not find the printer thought my win 8 same wifi network and pc win 7 had no problem. My pc is able to see the printer as well, but I seem to be unable to locate the pin code on the printer required to connect it. My work is based on this printer and it would be great to hear from you soon.
Hi, HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan doctor to diagnose and troubleshoot printing and scanning. Download and run printing HP and doctor Scan quickly and automatically perform several tasks of troubleshooting.
When you click this link, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using the download of your Internet browser capabilities.
Printer fails to implement a digital fax to the folder. Request for username and password. Username entered correctly, no password used. Continuous error that appear: invalid username or password.
What operating system you are using?
For Windows 7 or 8, you will need to change the sharing settings operating system.
From the control panel go to network and sharing Center.
Click on change advanced sharing settings and remember to Turn Off the Password protected sharing (will be listed under the current profile or section of all networks, depands on your operating system).
Please try these and verifier check again, if not, don't forget to specify your operating system and security software installed on your PC.
I bought it in a printer and am able to scan and copy using the document feeder. When I try to make a copy of a document by placing it on the glass, however, unit spits out a copy that captures only the top two inches of the original. I tried to redirect the original in various ways on the glass and tried to copy several types of documents.
Please become a member of the HP's Support Forums. I understand that you have a problem with the making of a copy of the glass. I'll be happy to help you.
Please put a page on the glass.
Leave the top open.
Make black copy.
The light comes on?
How far through the page is light travels?
Please get back to me so I can help you.
Just bought this printer and it works fine except for perhaps as long as 10 seconds in the middle of the last page of a multiple page print job stop. I had several HP printers over the years and have never had this before. Generally, the pages just well rip out all the way to the end, but it's very annoying. It's just a feature of the machine, or can I do something?
Thanks for your advice.
Thanks for the tips. It IS Wi - fi so it might be the issue. So it goes.
I use an iMac and OS X v10.10. I can print duplex when I'm on the web using Safari, but when I'm offline and want to print from Acrobat, Word, or Excel, I can't - there is no option for double-sided printing in the print dialog box. What gives?
Please follow the steps below to automatically print double-sided print jobs:
Open the file used to print, and then click the file menu and select print. The print window is displayed.
NOTE: The print window might be minimized. Click Show details to see all the available parameters.
Open Adobe Reader print dialog box, then click the printer... button. the complete system shown print screen will allow other parameters such as printing duplex, bureau skip this step...
Click on the area of selection below, listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
Select layout from the drop-down.
Set the duplex option as the binding edge (Portrait) Long or short edge (landscape) bond.
You can save the settings for later use by clicking preset > save current settings as preset. By default, a used preset will remain until another preset will be used.
I just purchased another PC and connected to our 8620 by WiFi. All other devices in my house, are now, impossible to connect to the 8620 by WiFi; It will not even respond to a PING. I reset the network settings and even reset the default printer, but other systems in my House still do not see the printer and cannot print on it. Any ideas why the new PC usurped the printer - and how to make it available to other devices again?
The new PC's Windows 10 64-bit, but at least 2 other systems used to connect to it are as well.
Thank you very much for the help.
Welcome to the HP Community Forum - we are a community of fans of HP !
Full software features:
File name: OJ8620_198.exe
Maybe you are looking for
I have a laptop Satellite A200 - 1 GB and I tried to plug into a 42 '' Toshiba LCD screen. I have only a VGA connection to TV from my laptop. My first question is:When I watched a movie I had really big black lines (from the screen). Is there a way I
I used Bootcamp to install W 10 on my iMac (El Capitan, 2012) It worked correctly, although I didn't see the icon in the bar of sys Windows Bootcamp. Until recently, I could change the OS by pressing the 'Option' key at the start of the IMac. But kno
my internet radio stops every 10 to 15 minutes and I have to update it again and again. The same thing with my action also voip internet phone while iam using it
Here's the situation I installed Windows service pack 1 (32-bit) computer restarts tried to install service pack 2, but it will not be installed because he thinks that I have not installed service pack 1 went to automatic updates yesterday and he sai
I am able to scan on my HP 2575 all-in-One 35 mm slides?