Pavilion dv5: if I can reset this computer?
Well, until recently, I found an old hp laptop to my father and he let me keep. I know he has had some problems in the past, so I went online and found ways on how to fully factory reset, I tried many tricks and tips, but none match the menu or options. What I'm trying to understand, is how to CORRECTLY and accurately factory reset Pavilion dv5, which runs on Windows 7 Home premium.
Here are the different methods you can use to reset the PC.
If none of those working, you will need to order a set of recovery disc for the specific model dv5 you have.
Tags: HP Desktops
I don't know if I am posting this in the right advice. I had to do a reset on my Pavilion dv7 laptop, kept my personal files, but now I can't access the Internet. It shows that I am connected to my wireless network, but I can't go to all the websites that I go into my browser. I went to Device Manager and went to network adapters. I can say that the driver works fine and I don't see the warnings or errors on other drivers in Device Manager. I am at a loss of what to so any help would be appreciated.
I understand that you are experiencing you encounter some difficulties to connect your laptop in WiFi and I want to help.
Here is a list of steps that solve common problems with wireless connectivity.
First of all, we have a step by step guide to guide you through the process of diagnosis here:
Troubleshooting your wireless network and Internet access
A second option is to try the following steps:
Network power cycle:
1. turn off your laptop.
2. unplug the power to your router.
3. disconnect the power to your modem.
4. wait at least 45 seconds.
5 reconnect the modem and wait for it to come back online.
6 plug in the router and wait for it to come back online.
7. turn on your laptop and test your connection.
Turn off the power to the adapter:
1. open Device Manager. (Win Key + R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. expand the network adapters.
3. right click on the Ethernet adapter / wireless, and then click Properties.
4. click on the power management tab.
5 remove the check mark next to allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. click on OK.
7 test cycle.
Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. right-click on the command prompt icon and select run as administrator.
3. in the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without the quotes and press ENTER.
4 restart your PC and test.
It can also help to reset the winsock catalog:
1. go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. right-click on the command prompt icon and select run as administrator.
3. in the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without the quotes, and then press ENTER.
4 restart your PC and test.
Reinstall the NIC drivers:
1. download the drivers from here , but do not run them again.
2. go to your Start menu/screen and type Device Manager.
3. expand network adapters.
4. right click on the wireless adapter and choose uninstall.
5 install the drivers downloaded in step 1.
6. restart your PC and test.
Test an Ethernet connection:
Explicit. Test if the problem persists on a wired connection to the adapter hardware troubleshooting wireless can be directed to the appropriate areas.
Test another connection:
Many people excluded their home network as a problem if another device working on the same network. Networking is not as simple as that. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to exclude the settings for this device until the laptop has been tested on another network.
If these steps do not resolve the problem, try this document published by Microsoft for network management issues: wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the document.
The above steps are presented by @Great-Christine-Tree
I hope this helps. If so, please hit the Thumbs Up and accept as a Solution.
See you soon,.
After upgrading my laptop DV-5-1015nr (x 64) from Vista to Win 7 wireless switch (just above the 'Insert' key) stays red, no matter how many times I press on this subject. In Device Manager, I see the Networl cards drivers I installed Win 7' work properly': Broadcom 4321AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi - Fi (sp45524) adapter and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (Realtec v7.003.0213.2009). HP does not offer a x 64 driver for the latter, so I got it from Realtek.
Here are the steps I've tried so far:
1 makes sure that Windows Explorer has been implemented.
2 start-> Control Panel-> Network Sharing Center-> manage network wireless-> add-> manually create a profile network-> used the settings on my smart phone which is able to connect to the Internet:
~ Network name: 52GT6
~ Type of security: WPA2-Personal
~ Encryptiontype: AES
~ Security key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
~ Start this connection automatically: Yes
~ Connect even if the network is not broadcasting: No.
3. click on 52GT6-connection > tab-> select as follows.
~ Automatically connect...: Yes
~ Connect to a more preferred...: No.
~ Connect even if the network is not broadcasting...: No.
~ Activate the WLAN connection setting: Yes
I click on 'Connect to a network' and receive a notification that "no connection is available. Running a diagnostic feature of "Troubleshooting" reports that the 'wireless capability is turned off." By pressing the switch wireless does not turn on the wireless feature.
I went to this problem all day. Anyone able to help me?
See if it works...
First, install this driver update wlan...
I would change the same connection if not broadcasting setting to yes.
I need to see if I can upgrade this computer with Windows 7... I know that XP is not supported after 8/2014, then try to see if I can install Windows 7 on this computer.
CPU Athlon XP AMD 3200 M +.
448 MB of Ram
512 MB memory PC2700 DDRSDRam
200 GB at 7200 RPM
ULTRA DMA hard drive
DVD + R/CD-RW
Player X DVD + R/RW double layer 8
with CD writer capabilities
CD ROM drive
48 x max speed
Integrated graphics with 64 MB shared memory
2.20 GHz processor speed, 512 Kb L2 cache,
front of 400 mHz front side bus
You don't have enough memory. The minimum is 1 GB, but most of the people recommend you at least 2 GB.
Hey there, I'm not able to open some websites, it gives me weird errors. It was working fine.
1 have you tried in "no addons" as well? Is that nothing better, i.e. sites do not work in this mode, or you can reset this mode?
2 . Gray button:
What is a level of user account or an Admin account?
If the user try an Admin account and reset from there.
If his admin already, create a new admin account and see if you can reset the account.
Creation of the user account - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
If all else fails, try this - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737/en-gb and run the fixit instead of the manual version.
3. or maybe I should ask upward - 'What are the weird errors' when a site opens. ? Is it just that it opens or is there a specific error message?
I continue to have this problem where I can not even open any app on the computer such as microsoftword and power point. Nothing works! I tried reseting the computer, but I did not eat for recovery. or a backup disk. I tried to download the recovery as some other Manager answers but it doesn't seem to work. I can't even personlize my background saying "Server Esecution failed" in everthing.
Hello again Otaku.
Sorry for my delay. I was out of the office.
It really depends on your warranty situation. You can check the status of your warranty here. Even if you are not in the security for costs which are incurred would be minimal, and these drives are incredibly useful to have. Then, I highly recommend that you buy a game if you don't have any.
Have a wonderful day!
My drives wiped, my E:\ and D:\. I had to reintsall my audio drivers, so I uninstalled them, but when I went to reinstall them, it did not work. Now, I want to just completely my computer factory reset. How do I do that with a recovery Partition?
I have another comuter exactly like mine. I collect anything from this computer to mine?
When you receive the disks, you want to turn on your computer and insert the first, then turn off the computer. Wait about 10 seconds and then turn on the computer and it should load discs.
Here is a linkthat will help you with the process, when you open the link, click on "recovery from recovery discs", and which should also help a little.
Please respond back promptly with more questions.
The laptop is Hp pavilion dv5. I have no recovery discs. The notebook exploded when I downloaded the updates from kaspersky.
Contact HP and ask them to send you in vista recovery disks to reinstall the operating system back as it was when you bought it
they do it for a nominal cost of $
or press F11 at startup:
Restore the PC to its original state with the HP Recovery Manager if Windows Vista is not accessibleIf the PC does not start under Windows, it may still be possible to use the HP recovery disk to restore the computer to its original state. The Recovery Manager can be started during the boot process by following the steps below.
- Press on the button / stop to start the PC and press the f11 key when the standard BIOS guests appear on the black screen.
NOTE: By pressing the f11 key at startup on a computer with an image factory HP will start the system recovery process, even if the message is not displayed.
- If the HP Recovery Manager can access the recovery on the hard drive partition, you receive a to back up user files before you start the recovery prompt. Follow the instructions.
- If the HP Recovery Manager cannot access the hard disk to resolve system errors, you need to use the recovery disk custom that you created to recover the hard disk to its original state.
- If you have not created the custom recovery disk, or disks are damaged, you can order a replacement of HP recovery CD.
- When the Recovery Manager starts, follow the instructions of recovery step by step , shown above.
Try this to solve your problem instead of relocation:
try a restore of the system before this happened
If necessary do in safe mode
Using the F8 method:
- Restart your computer.
- When the computer starts, you will see your computer hardware are listed. When you see this information begins to tap theF8 key repeatedly until you are presented with theBoot Options Advanced Windows Vista.
- Select the Safe Mode option with the arrow keys.
- Then press enter on your keyboard to start mode without failure of Vista.
- To start Windows, you'll be a typical logon screen. Connect to your computer and Vista goes into safe mode.
- Do whatever tasks you need and when you are done, reboot to return to normal mode.
The RM-74 processor is fried. I get the 2 flashing lights all 3-seconds to 1 second.
I searched the AMD site for the likely replacement candidates and found a number who share the following General charactistics:
Mode of operation (32 & 64 bit)
Basic speed (2200 MHz)
(3600 MHz) system Bus speed
Power consumption (35W)
AMD virtualization technology (Yes)
The processor RM-75 has identical to the RM-74 specifications so wouldn't be of any benefit.
ZM-82 has a larger memory cache L2 2 MB as opposed to the cache of 1 MB on the RM-74 and 75 CPU. These 3 CPU have a SELF architecture 65nm and ZM-82 seemed to be a better performer in flow with the larger L2 cache. Doesn't it?
2 CPU is AMD Phenom II Triple and quadruple-heart N850 and N970 respectively. They have a 45nm SOI architecture and a 512 KB L2 cache.
It would seem that one of these 2 CPU would give me a performance gain as a substitute for the RM-74 failed, but, if this can be a reality in my laptop dv5-111ax? Would need more robust cooling as well?
This is the page for HP support for your laptop HP Pavilion dv5-1111ax Entertainment and this is the HP Pavilion dv5 Entertainment PC - Maintenance and Service of Guide for your computer. Based on the service guide, the following processors will work in your system;
HP p/n 484260-001 - Turion Ultra Dual-Core 35W ZM-86 2.40 GHz processor with 2 MB of L2 cache
HP p/n 484261-001 - Turion Ultra Dual-Core ZM-82 35W 2.20 GHz processor with 2 MB of L2 cache
HP p/n 484262-001 - Turion Ultra Dual-Core ZM-80 35W 2.10 GHz processor with 2 MB of L2 cache
HP p/n 484263-001 - Turion Dual-Core 35W RM-70 2.00 GHz with 1 MB of L2 cache
HP p/n 484264-001 - Athlon X 2 Dual-Core 35W QL-60 1.90 GHz with 1 MB of L2 cache
This list is not exhaustive but representative of processors installed by HP. Given that all these CPUS are of the same series/carrot, I highly doubt that the Phenom II Nxxx series processors will work in this model. In theory, plus the model number... the best performance in the series. You should not need a cooling solution better, as all processors are rated at 35 watts TDP.
Please send Bravo
My iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2 does not respond to touch. (broken touchscreen) and my home button is broken. my battery is fully charged so that it would take too long to wait until it turns off. I need a way to Hard reset it without a button at home and the touch screen. I know there are 3rd party apps that could do this, but I can't open my phone (no password protection) to 'trust' on this computer. If there are applications that could work around this? Any help is appreciated.
There is no way to do it. You have 2 hardware problems. Time to replace the phone.
can I connect my hp photosmart c6300 directly to my computer Pavilion dv5-2155dx?
· What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
· It is the first time that you try to connect to the printer?
· You receive an error message?
I recommend you follow all the steps of the article mentioned.
Printer in Windows problems
Let us know if you need more assistance.
Hi, I have a Pavilion dv5, model 2040br and it is not equipped with WWAN but it has a slot for SIM card under the battery, but is just the physical location, no material, this piece should be the same which is made for laptops that have WWAN module.
Anyone know if it is possible for me to attach a WWAN module on my laptop, and if so, what model it will be.
And don't worry about breaking the bank guarantee, I have since not long...
Hi @filipeoconde ,
Thanks for the additional information here is a link to your service manual on page 56, the model to be installed is HSPA, EV - DO WWAN module 531993-001 and came not this laptop but you can install it. It would work.
I hope this helps.
original title: right clicking on desktop freezes the computer, Windows explore and Dr. Watson times stop working. Only Ctrl, Alt, Del to reset computer
Make a right click on desktop freezes the computer. Explorer Windows and Dr. Watson stop working. Only Ctrl, Alt, Del restarts computer
1. did you of recent changes on the computer?
2. you receive the error message?
3 when was the last time it was working fine?
Check if the problem persists in safe mode.
A description of the options to start in Windows XP Mode
It is possible that some third-party programs installed on the computer is causing the problem.
I suggest that you put the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.
To help resolve the error and other messages, you can start Windows XP by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This type of boot is known as a "clean boot". A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
See the link below to learn more about how to clean boot.
How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" State
Reset the computer to start as usual
When you are finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
(a) click Start, type msconfig in the search box and press ENTER.
(b) If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password or click on continue.
(c) under the general tab, click the Normal startup option, and then click OK.
(d) when you are prompted to restart the computer, click on restart.
How can I correct random lines horizontal and glitter for the LCD screens for windows vista HP Pavilion dv5? Only, it happens randomly and can get all a few minutes at a time every few hours. The entire screen white and black and horizontal lines will appear during the flickering on the half top of the screen only. Nothing else changes. My sound is immutable, and none of my screens change the size or location. However, they may appear up and down during the flashing. Can someone give me an idea of what is wrong? I looked on Google for possible corrections, but most of them seem to be for refresh rate and I don't have a notch for this and can't change it according to the steps they offer.
Read my initial response on what it takes to please.
"See if this helps you:
These lines indicate corruption graphics driver or lack of graphic material.
Go to the HP Web site > Search a drivers and download article > search your laptop model number > your operating system > drivers for it: either video / graphic / Chipset (according to the wording it) > download and install the drivers.
If that fixed it, it seems to me be a problem of graphic material.
Because it's a laptop; If under warranty, contact HP.
If is not under warranty, contact a repair shop, local. »
See you soon.
I had a problem with my Windows 7, installed on a Dell Latitude E6520 Laptop computer. I didn't have a critical data on it, so I decided to do a full clean install.
I used my Windows 7 disc, started on the disk, wiped the hard drive and begin the installation.
The system through appropriate measures (at least seems that Yes) up to the last step
When it is to "Finish the Installation" (the last restart)
It goes through startup Services then I get an error "Windows Setup cannot configure Windows to run on this computer s hardware.
I'm not sure that understand what's happened. Same computer - drives that came with it - but suddenly it won't take the configuration?
Windows 7 will not install
How to restore your Windows 7 computer with a Dell factory settings.
You may need to restore your computer to factory settings to fix computer problems or outages or to delete your information from the system.
Follow these instructions to reset your computer using the Dell Factory Image Restore that come from the factory on your computer.Notes:
Warning: restore your computer to factory settings will delete all the files and programs with the exception of those it came with. You will lose all personal files, including photos, emails and programs, if you don't back up your files and data. Please see here for more information Dell backup and recovery
- This process only defines the c: back to factory settings and leaves the other partitions alone.
- If you have removed the Dell Factory Image Restore partition, then the possibility of using the Dell Factory Image Restore will not appear and you need to reinstall the operating system, manually or from a backup. For more information, refer to the Dell Knowledge Base articles How to manually reinstall Windows 7 on a Dell computer? (when you have installation discs) or My Dell computer did not come with disks.
To restore your Windows 7 computer to factory settings
- Back up important files and data. If you do not back up your files, you will lose them.
- Turn off your computer.
- Disconnect everything but the monitor, keyboard, and mouse. This includes your:
- modem or network cables
- mobile phone and Tablet
- Another external hard drive or USB flash drive
- If your laptop is docked, remove it from the docking station.
- When the Dell logo appears on the screen, press F8 to open the Advanced Boot Options.Note: If the Advanced Boot Options menu does not open, wait for the Windows login prompt. Then, restart the computer and try again.
- Use the arrow keys to select repair your computer and press enter.
- In the System Recovery Options menu, select a keyboard layout and click Next.
- In the next screen, you can connect as a local user or administrator.Note: Use the drop-down list to the right of the user name: to select the local user or the administrator account and enter the password for this account. If you have not set a password on the local user account, leave the password empty space and click OK.
- Depending on your configuration, you may need to select Tools Factory Dell , then Dell Factory Image Restore.
- Click Next to open the menu to confirm the deletion of data.
- Select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore the factory State system software and click Next.Note: The restore process begins and may take five or more minutes. A message appears when the operating system and the applications installed in the factory have been restored to the State of the plant.
- After the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
- Restore all data or programs that you want to back up files.
Maybe you are looking for
I was under the impression that we can now play videos Netflix without using Silverlight, after the new update. I did not understand correctly? Netflix is always asking me to install Silverlight. I uninstalled it after reading the changes.
I recently had the car Motorola docking station for my 2 x and I have a problem where the phone is continue to load after that I have deleted from the dock. More recently, the car Dock app will leave after the start. On this issue, I checked and it i
I know it's somewhere on my computer or printer but I can't. My desire to 4500 prints on both sides of the page (front & back). There are 2 methods to return to the page. He returns now it so that the page 2 is backwards. Can someone tell me wher
I received message for Windows Update KB269072. However, it will fail to install. This happens whenever I log on.
When I turn on my computer, it starts normally up to the point of the window start main page. cause well not quite normal, it takes at least three times as long to get there. but when they finally get there I get this error. 0xc 0000006 application e