What is the best way of reformatting my MacBook ssd for resale?
I'm preparing my 2015 12 '' MacBook 1.3 GHz 512 for resale. What is the best way to erase and reformat the SSD drive?
Thanks in advance!
Before you sell or give away your computer, and more the steps listed in this article to support, please follow these steps:
1. run the Diagnostics from Apple or the Apple Hardware Test. The buyer will do (or it should), and you won't be surprised by the results.
3. If you set a firmware password, remove it by running the utility in recovery mode firmware password.
4. If you turn on FileVault in OS X 10.7 or later, turn it off.
5. If you use Boot Camp, the partition must be deleted.
6. If you have created another partition of data on internal disk, remove them in disk utility.
7. If the machine has an internal hard drive, erase the remaining data partition with the possibility of putting the data to zero. An SSD has no need to be set to zero.
8. remove the machine from your list of registered products. If it is still covered by an AppleCare Protection Plan, transfer the warranty to the new owner as described in the terms and Conditions AppleCare (under the heading "Transfer of Plan.")
You can legally or transfer almost any software downloaded from the Mac App Store to the new owner of the machine, even if it was free. This includes OS X, so if you've switched to OS X 10.7 or later, you need to reinstall an operating system older, either from the installation media, if any, or by commissioning in recovery mode of the Internet (option-command-R start ringing.)
The new owner will have to re-download everything software that came on the App Store, as appropriate, including updates of OS X, under her Apple ID. If you never updated applications bundled iLife (iPhoto, iMovie and Garage Band) through the App Store, you can not transfer these either. The buyer must buy them. Note that iPhoto has been suspended and is no longer available for purchase.
Maybe you are looking for
I'm sure it's really simple, but I can't find the answer. I have an iPhone running iOS 10 6. If the phone is unlocked I can slide down for Notifications and swipe left to direct access to Widgets. It's all good. However, since the lock screen I ca
Hello My girlfriend has been surfing the Internet using his iPhone 6s more and met with a message saying that his phone has been hacked and that she had to pay the money. Fearing the worst, she quit safari and attempted to erase and restore his phone
Hello I can move my PC to the Intel Core i7-4712MQ CPU or the A10 - 5750M AMD processor, and I'm not sure I should choose. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of each: I7-4712MQ 4 cores Hyperthreading 6 MB SmartCache Clock base 2.3 GHz 3.3 GHz
I just got a Gateway E4100 computer, this system uses the XP Pro operating system. I am trying to connect to Verizon MiFi using an Airlink wireless adapter. My network is a secure network and the computer sees the MiFi, but when I try to connect I ge
NTVDM. EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. That is the message in the box that appears whenever I try to run my program.