15 ac197nr: 15 - ac197nr
Hello, I just bought a new 15-ac197nr. I have several questions...
(1) I can't find in the documentation and the Web pages of what the maximum amount of RAM I can install and how many modules is necessary. Where can I find out who or someone could share this info with me?
(2) at - it a replacement battery for this laptop that has a functioning capacity/more higher than the one that came with it? I've adjusted the settings as much as I can (dimming screen, processor speed, etc.) to get the battery up to 3 hours.
(3) has anyone upgraded the HARD drive to an SSD? It is better to upgrade, or is it better to upgrade to a 7200 RPM drive?
Thank you for your time!
Let me welcome you on the HP forums!
The information you want about the max memory are on page 2 of the Maintenance and Service of Guidelink: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04653884
Battery information are in the same document.
I replaced the hard drives with SDDs in many laptops. The tricky part migrates to leave them OS and boot from the HDD to the SDS so it will start. It is easier if the SDS is the HARD drive capacity; otherwise, you must start from USB or DVD the partitioning tool and mess around with resizing the partitions to mount on the SSD.
A good product to do the migration is Macrium Reflect.
What I recommend is the following:
(1) download and install Macrium reflect (MR)
(2) connect the new drive to the computer using a USB car adapter
(3) run M. and choose the option: "Backup--> Image disks selected" to clone the current drive to the new drive.
(4) shut down the PC when done
(5) Exchange the disks and reboot the PC.
You should boot from the new drive with no problems.
I'm a volunteer and I do not work for, or represent, HP.
If you feel that my suggestions helped you, please click on the thumbs-up symbol to say thank you!
If they helped to solve your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution' to help others find similar information.
Hello, I can't find information about this type of DVD is on this computer. I played a standard DVD, but then I went to play a BlueRay disc and the system told me that he doesn't have a disc inserted. I thought I read somewhere that had a record of read/write CD/DVD/BlueRay on the inside? Can someone clarify that for me?
Thank you for your time!
No, it can not read BluRay pricing because there only DVD SuperMulti burner , i.e. cannot burn and play CDs and DVDs. No BD
If you want to know more, please try VSO Inspector:
Maybe you are looking for
So tonight, my MacBook was running really slow. I closed all the programs (or so I think) and restarted. After the initial password, I started having the keychain a warning of cess? Searched the threads and tried the steps (unlocking), using the s.o.
I buy Hp Pavilion p6640d desktop and I want to buy a new video card for games of todays title games. Like Battlefield 3. I have no plans to replace my power supply 250w, for now. I've got a housing of extension for PCI x 16 - one that is available. I
I have a virus that cannot be deleted. I want to reformat the drive, but I don't know how to clean my computer. Will this remove the virus, or simply write about it? also is there a way to erase and start over.
Windows has identified a virus that cannot be deleted. reformatting will solve this problem? also wiping my own comouter solve this problem or just to write about it. Is there an online tool to clean my computer... more, after that how do I reinstall
Hey, guys! I have a little problem. I have a total of 4 700 songs on my computer. The Windows media player 12, however, only we add 1 230 my library. I just had to launch a song directly from Windows Explorer, because it is not present in the Media P
Original title: windows firewall does not work? Have a laptop (Dell Inspiron) it has a virus on it (the fbi one) and then after I got rid of him, found others. Trouble with turning on the firewall, this time no error just sits and circles around. Uni