15 ac197nr: 15 - ac197nr
Hello, I just bought a new 15-ac197nr. I have several questions...
(1) I can't find in the documentation and the Web pages of what the maximum amount of RAM I can install and how many modules is necessary. Where can I find out who or someone could share this info with me?
(2) at - it a replacement battery for this laptop that has a functioning capacity/more higher than the one that came with it? I've adjusted the settings as much as I can (dimming screen, processor speed, etc.) to get the battery up to 3 hours.
(3) has anyone upgraded the HARD drive to an SSD? It is better to upgrade, or is it better to upgrade to a 7200 RPM drive?
Thank you for your time!
Let me welcome you on the HP forums!
The information you want about the max memory are on page 2 of the Maintenance and Service of Guidelink: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04653884
Battery information are in the same document.
I replaced the hard drives with SDDs in many laptops. The tricky part migrates to leave them OS and boot from the HDD to the SDS so it will start. It is easier if the SDS is the HARD drive capacity; otherwise, you must start from USB or DVD the partitioning tool and mess around with resizing the partitions to mount on the SSD.
A good product to do the migration is Macrium Reflect.
What I recommend is the following:
(1) download and install Macrium reflect (MR)
(2) connect the new drive to the computer using a USB car adapter
(3) run M. and choose the option: "Backup--> Image disks selected" to clone the current drive to the new drive.
(4) shut down the PC when done
(5) Exchange the disks and reboot the PC.
You should boot from the new drive with no problems.
I'm a volunteer and I do not work for, or represent, HP.
If you feel that my suggestions helped you, please click on the thumbs-up symbol to say thank you!
If they helped to solve your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution' to help others find similar information.
Hello, I can't find information about this type of DVD is on this computer. I played a standard DVD, but then I went to play a BlueRay disc and the system told me that he doesn't have a disc inserted. I thought I read somewhere that had a record of read/write CD/DVD/BlueRay on the inside? Can someone clarify that for me?
Thank you for your time!
No, it can not read BluRay pricing because there only DVD SuperMulti burner , i.e. cannot burn and play CDs and DVDs. No BD
If you want to know more, please try VSO Inspector:
Maybe you are looking for
Good afternoon... It seems that whenever I surf the web, watch a video on Youtube, etc., my temporary internet file is stored on my hard drive. I decided this because I run a security scan every time I find myself with the files of nearly 2 million s
original title: SMBIOS In diagnostic test systems, it indicates that the SMBIOS failed. There is, however, no option click on this, or know how to fix. What is SMBIOS? Is it different from regular BIOS? How to fix it. This caused my computer to star
I installed an HP XL Staples Black cartridge and it made my obsolete printer. It will not print and I can't send and receive faxes. Clips to replace the damsged cartridge, but my printer still does not work. I was told that one option would be to
Did someone you still use it? No one knows its official website? They always have a free online scan?
Hi all Just need some ideas: We have a Cluster of conductor, some behind MCU and TMS. Booking is running on MSDS / conductor. All have SW-latest Versions.TMS can handle only a single conductor of the Cluster. Okay, all right.But what happened if this