15 ac197nr: 15 - ac197nr
Hello, I just bought a new 15-ac197nr. I have several questions...
(1) I can't find in the documentation and the Web pages of what the maximum amount of RAM I can install and how many modules is necessary. Where can I find out who or someone could share this info with me?
(2) at - it a replacement battery for this laptop that has a functioning capacity/more higher than the one that came with it? I've adjusted the settings as much as I can (dimming screen, processor speed, etc.) to get the battery up to 3 hours.
(3) has anyone upgraded the HARD drive to an SSD? It is better to upgrade, or is it better to upgrade to a 7200 RPM drive?
Thank you for your time!
Let me welcome you on the HP forums!
The information you want about the max memory are on page 2 of the Maintenance and Service of Guidelink: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04653884
Battery information are in the same document.
I replaced the hard drives with SDDs in many laptops. The tricky part migrates to leave them OS and boot from the HDD to the SDS so it will start. It is easier if the SDS is the HARD drive capacity; otherwise, you must start from USB or DVD the partitioning tool and mess around with resizing the partitions to mount on the SSD.
A good product to do the migration is Macrium Reflect.
What I recommend is the following:
(1) download and install Macrium reflect (MR)
(2) connect the new drive to the computer using a USB car adapter
(3) run M. and choose the option: "Backup--> Image disks selected" to clone the current drive to the new drive.
(4) shut down the PC when done
(5) Exchange the disks and reboot the PC.
You should boot from the new drive with no problems.
I'm a volunteer and I do not work for, or represent, HP.
If you feel that my suggestions helped you, please click on the thumbs-up symbol to say thank you!
If they helped to solve your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution' to help others find similar information.
Hello, I can't find information about this type of DVD is on this computer. I played a standard DVD, but then I went to play a BlueRay disc and the system told me that he doesn't have a disc inserted. I thought I read somewhere that had a record of read/write CD/DVD/BlueRay on the inside? Can someone clarify that for me?
Thank you for your time!
No, it can not read BluRay pricing because there only DVD SuperMulti burner , i.e. cannot burn and play CDs and DVDs. No BD
If you want to know more, please try VSO Inspector:
Maybe you are looking for
I've recently upgraded to Open Office 4.0. Now can't open Thunderbird .doc attachments. Can I download the disk and open in Open Office Writer with food office or Windows Explorer in the usual way. I checked the tools/options/attachments and it is se
OLA, meu celular sem sinal was para receber e outra fazer uma hora para clover, so Wi - Fi works, me disseram o imei blocked, posso fazer o esta only? Obrigado
With irritating regularity, a dialog box appears on my screen that says "sh: / usr/bin/lockfile: no such file or directory (127) '." How can I find and eliminate the source of this thing?
If I have a waveform with data pre-trigger of 50% and 50% posttrigger data, is there a way to take two separate integrals, one for each of the sections? I want to calculate the background noise for our experience. I am currently recovering measures
I can't print the Windows Photo Gallery photos: failure of the Document to print - load plain paper. I reloaded paper, updated printer drivers and called Dell technical support, who said it was a software isue since I can print other documents as we