15 ac197nr: 15 - ac197nr
Hello, I just bought a new 15-ac197nr. I have several questions...
(1) I can't find in the documentation and the Web pages of what the maximum amount of RAM I can install and how many modules is necessary. Where can I find out who or someone could share this info with me?
(2) at - it a replacement battery for this laptop that has a functioning capacity/more higher than the one that came with it? I've adjusted the settings as much as I can (dimming screen, processor speed, etc.) to get the battery up to 3 hours.
(3) has anyone upgraded the HARD drive to an SSD? It is better to upgrade, or is it better to upgrade to a 7200 RPM drive?
Thank you for your time!
Let me welcome you on the HP forums!
The information you want about the max memory are on page 2 of the Maintenance and Service of Guidelink: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04653884
Battery information are in the same document.
I replaced the hard drives with SDDs in many laptops. The tricky part migrates to leave them OS and boot from the HDD to the SDS so it will start. It is easier if the SDS is the HARD drive capacity; otherwise, you must start from USB or DVD the partitioning tool and mess around with resizing the partitions to mount on the SSD.
A good product to do the migration is Macrium Reflect.
What I recommend is the following:
(1) download and install Macrium reflect (MR)
(2) connect the new drive to the computer using a USB car adapter
(3) run M. and choose the option: "Backup--> Image disks selected" to clone the current drive to the new drive.
(4) shut down the PC when done
(5) Exchange the disks and reboot the PC.
You should boot from the new drive with no problems.
I'm a volunteer and I do not work for, or represent, HP.
If you feel that my suggestions helped you, please click on the thumbs-up symbol to say thank you!
If they helped to solve your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution' to help others find similar information.
Hello, I can't find information about this type of DVD is on this computer. I played a standard DVD, but then I went to play a BlueRay disc and the system told me that he doesn't have a disc inserted. I thought I read somewhere that had a record of read/write CD/DVD/BlueRay on the inside? Can someone clarify that for me?
Thank you for your time!
No, it can not read BluRay pricing because there only DVD SuperMulti burner , i.e. cannot burn and play CDs and DVDs. No BD
If you want to know more, please try VSO Inspector:
Maybe you are looking for
Hello I tried to update my BIOS because I have version 1.70 and decreases the noise level of the fan with 1, 80 - 2.10. The problem is, I get an error: you have not given permission to run the update. I started the program with the administrator user
HIE, I use an all in one HP deskjet 2050 (J510 series) on the software of windows 7. I installed the software HP requred on my laptop for all the required drivers are installed. Printing works fine. However the same scanner software will not load whe
Tried to get the drive to clear the computer Panel. Erase the disc could not be found.
I want to perform upgrades piece by piece and would like to know if I Can I connect a G - LRM SFP - 10 to a GLC-LH-SM 1 GB interface on OM1 fiber at least until what I update the central part of the network and the under ground fiber?
I have Win8 Pro on a laptop computer and you install winhlp32 to access the help files for the old. When I run Windows8-RT-KB917607-x 64.msu, I get: Windows Update Standalone install The update is not applicable to your computer What can I do? Thank