Pro Tips: Troubleshooting scan to E-mail questions in e-all-in-one printers and ePrint
Hello e-all-in-one printer users,.
If you're reading this, chances are you have a problem of webservices in your HP e-all-in-one printer. If you can not scan to e-mail, use ePrint, or get a code application, this post is for you.
Many of later vintage (2010 and beyond) Photosmart, ENVY and Officejet series e-all-in-one printers share the same Web services and Wireless features. Within these series printer, you can enable wireless and Web services (ePrint, scan to e-mail, printable sheets) connectivity of the façade do their installation for use with Android, Windows, iOS, Macand Chrome OS much simpler than the old printer models. Of course, when things go wrong or there is confusion about the use of the printer and features such as printing and scanning to e-mail stop working, the correction of these problems is the same in most of the models.
WebServices are not connected: what affects?
When the webservices connectivity is lost ePrint, scan to e-mailand pads features will stop working. If you are just getting started with the installation of your printer, the inability to generate a code application (to add your connected HP printer or sign in to Instant ink) can be attributed to not being able to afford Web services. If you are affected by any of these questions, read on. I have some suggestions that might help.
- Before set you Web services, make sure that your printer is connected to a network, either via an ethernet cable or Wirelessconnection. Print a report of Network Configuration of your printer front panel (usually this is located under Tools / reports) to confirm an active ethernet connection.
- If you are connected wireless, touch the wireless icon printer . If you see as connected and there is an IP addresses starting with 192.168... or, 10 grand. If this isn't the case, run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect you with your network name (SSID) and enter the password wireless you are prompted.
- Ensure that the date and time your printer settings are correct. You can check and adjust this via the front panel of the printer in most cases and trivia: the printer Web server integrated.
- Now, with network connectivity guaranteed webservices icon or (depending on model) and try to activate Web services.
- If you have managed to connect and a leaflet printed, or at the very least, an [email protected] address is displayed on the front panel of the printer, perfect, Web services are now functional. This means that you can now ask your HP printer connected , or use one of the above characteristics *.
Note that ePrint and scan to e-mail feature are addressed later in this post if you still need help with these functions.
- If the webservices are always not, try your printer restore default*.
* Note that this step resets the setting up your printer wireless, address ePrint and other custom print settings. If you have created a custom @hpeprint.com address that it will be permanently deleted. For more information on custom addresses ePrint, click here.
- The printer's front panel, press the Setup/key icon and then tap tools
- Select Restore to factory settings
- Note this new printer may contain this setting under the heading maintenance of the printer instead of tools.
Then, to reconnect to your network (wired or wireless) and try to set a manual DNS:
Make a note of the IP address of the printer. Then, follow these steps to configure a manual DNS:
- Enter the IP address in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer), and then press Enter to go directly to this page. This should take you to your built-in Web server (EWS) printer.
- Click the network tab.
- In the submenu on the left, click Networking.
- Then click on the network (IP) address.
- Click Manual DNS server.
- DNS preferred as 126.96.36.199 manual entry
- Auxiliary DNS server entry as 188.8.131.52
- Click on apply to finalize this change.
- Note that menu above EWS items can vary in overall models of printers. If you do not see the exact topics that I've listed here, the subtopic you should always appear on the Networking tab.
Then, press the icon of Webservices or and reactivate your webservices (required for scanning to E-mail, ePrint , and other functions).
Then, if a scan to e-mail question has led you to this position, tap the scan icon and enter the email address that you want to scan to. Then, recover the PIN code that you should automatically receive by e-mail and complete your scan to E-mail setup by entering this PIN code in your printer. Ideally, if you are able to get this good service will be fully functional.
Alternatively, if ePrint is your main problem and all the above (except for scanning to E-mail steps) suggestions worked, try emailing your printer a print job. If it prints correctly, ePrint is back online. If you are a user of HP ePrint app, the app did automatically detect your printer? If not, go to the application settings and manually add your printer to the app using either ask you code or IP address of the printer. Finally, if you're a printable, user use your favorite applications on the front panel of the printer, or via HP connected.
There are advanced troubleshooting steps beyond what I posted here and you can find them in the Forum such as displayed by the employees, Experts and members of the community. Start with the basics and if you still can't not to take advantage of Web services from your printer don't be shy to reach out - HP Support Forum's is a great place to exchange ideas and help each other to get the most out of our products.
Thank you for taking the time to read. If you have any questions or comments do not hesitate to answer.
All the best,
All new users to check in this thread, the first and the main post is a practical resource for webservices connectivity solutions.
Try all the steps to recommend, as appropriate - if you encounter any problems apart from this I'll be happy to help you.
Tags: HP Printers
I bought a WF-2650 epson all-in-one printer and am trying to find a replacement for QuickTime so that I can download a video. I have a MacBook Pro computer. Where can I get something instead of QuickTime?
I bought a WF-2650 epson all-in-one printer and am trying to find a replacement for QuickTime so that I can download a video. I have a MacBook Pro computer. Where can I get something instead of QuickTime?
Can you explain what a printer has to do with the download of the videos?
Re: HP officejet pro 8600 N911n, scan to E-mail: server failure.
Have had this printer for a couple of years and scan to send an email worked perfectly with Gmail accounts until a few weeks before, then just stopped.
I tried multiple e-mail accounts with their appropriate smtp servers inculding gmail, yahoo, outlook and 2 areas of private messaging. I confirmed that smtp servers and settings I have for each of the accounts is correct by settign accounts to send email thunderbird and all send with smtp servers, so this is definitely a problem for which something has changed with the printer as it used to work great. The printer is currently running firmware CKP5CN1545AR that she claims is ongoing.
Please indicate how to solve this problem I used for scanning to e-mail several times a week
Hello @kkron, hope you are well!
Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get help and advice.
I understand that you are having problems when using e-mail scanning function. I would like to help.
We will first try to assign a manual DNS server that seems to do the trick, most of the time. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, make sure that the printer firmware is up-to-date. If you are unsure, go to http://hp.care/2e12HCp and install the firmware.
- Get the IP address of the printer, you can touch the 'Wireless' icon on the Control Panel printer to get the IP address.
- Type the IP address in your web browser to get the EWS page on your computer printer.
- Go to the 'Network' tab - click on "wireless (802.11), and then click «network address (IPv4)»»
- Click on the box that says "Manual IP", then click "Propose an IP address manually" to give an IP address manually to your printer.
- Click on the radio button that says 'Manual of the DNS server' and under manual type favorite 184.108.40.206 and manual replacement enter 220.127.116.11 (it is Google's DNS server address)
Now try to scan to e-mail / web services. If the problem persists, please go through http://hp.care/2e0ZCCy and make sure that all settings are correct. If necessary, try to create a new account by following the instructions.
Let me know if that solves the problem, or if you need assistance
See you soon
Please click on 'acceptable' on the post that solves your problem to help others to find the solution. To show gratitude for my help, please click the 'Thumbs Up icon' below!
Scan to email on my C5220 HP all-in-one printer
My HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-one printer.scanner.copier, will scan is no longer e-mail. How can I fix this please?
Hey @wildcat2 ,
Thanks for joining us on the HP Forums today, hope you enjoy your time with us!
Unfortunately, your printer is not compatible with eprint/scanning to e-mail.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a great day.
scanning documents with multiple pages on 2542 all-in-one
Therer is a way to scan multiple pages into a single pdf file on an HP 2542 all-in-one printer/scanner
Since your computer open the HP Deskjet 2540 software anc lcik on scan a document or photo.
Select PDF and make sure the option Show Scan preview is checked.
Ensure that the scanning resolution is 300 dpi or lower.
Click Scan in the scan preview, click the button add page, under the overview of digitization, once you have finished click on save or finish to compete with the analytical work.
HP C7280 All in One printer: HP Scan of the error using HP C7280 all-in-one printer
I was scanning documents successfully until recently. I use a Mac with OS X 10.7.5 and receive the following error message when you use HP Scan.
Cannot perform the analysis because another program has control of the HP imaging device. Try the following steps. After each step, try to scan the image.
-Restart the program.
-Close all programs that might be using the device.
-Restart the computer.
I tried to download several drivers without success.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Forums of HP Support! I see when you try to scan with your HP Photosmart C7280 with your Mac running the 10.7 operating system, you get an error "cannot perform the analysis because another program has control of the HP imaging device. Try the following steps. After each step, try to scan the image.'.
Complete the following steps:
Scrub / uninstall
• Open the Applications folder > folder HP or Hewlett Packard > Uninstall HP
• Click continue, click on one of the printers in the list.
• * Only perform this step if you have not all other HP printers. Hold down the command, Option , and command, while now the three buttons.
• Click on Uninstall.
Reset the printing system
1. click on the Apple icon ( ), then click on System Preferences.
2. in the hardware section, click Print & Fax/scanning. The Print & Fax/scanning dialog box opens.
3. make a right click (or Ctrl + click) in the left panel and then click on reset printing system...
4. click on OK to confirm the reset.
5 type the name and the correct password.
6. click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows any selected printer
Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer deleted can be re-added later by clicking the sign plus (+) symbol...
Repair disk permissions
1. on the Dock, click Applications, then utilities.
2. double-click click disk utility.
3. highlight your hard drive / partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
4. click on the button to repair disk permissions at the bottom of the window.
5. once the repair is complete, restart the computer.
Restart the printer. Now, you will need to install the printer driver using the Apple updates. Click on the link below and follow the instructions on the screen:
Installation of your printer driver HP and software for Mac OS X
I hope this helps, please let me know the result!
SCAN UTILITY DOES NOT WORK WITH MY ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER
I am facing a problem with my all-in-one printer model "HP officejet 6500 e709 a" as it comes to the Analysis ToolPak.
In other words, I am unable to scan documents because the sistem highlights me that it requires the software HP Photosmart (... I don't really know the reason why it back doesn't work anymore)
Unfortunately I'm not able to find the original cd supplied with the printer, so what I can do to fix the problem.
Thank you indeed for support kindly
Please try the below mentioned steps...
1 > open the directory C:\program imaging\bin HP and then search for the following file: hpiscnapp.exe
2 > right click on it and then select Creat shortcut on the desktop.
3 > now get on the desktop and double-click the shortcut for hpiscnapp.exe open a window.
4 > click new scan to start the search.
How to scan a document or photo to my all-in-one for my laptop. should I have the scanner software
I tried scanning of photos of my all-in-one for my Samsung laptop without success. I need to download the scanner software?
JoanRoger wrote: Scanner is inkjet HP 2060 advantage all-in-one K110 series. Laptop is the Samsung RV510 64 bit thanks
Hello JoanRoger, here is the link for the package full feature software/driver for your printer All In One of 2060.
I download and install this software. Do not turn on the printer or connect the USB cable before advised to do so during the installation process.
Just to go to the linked page and the section Details and specifications, search for the DJ2060_K110_231.exe and click on the filename to download the file.
This should allow the correct use of the printer All In One 2060 connected to your laptop.
Fax/scan without a phone with officejet 7410 all-in-one line
I have an officejet 7410 all-in-one and UNPLUGGED my phone line at home. How to download software in order to fax/scan items? I get the message error is "you must install or run HP software for this feature.
Here is a link that will help you with that.
1. Enter the name of your printer DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE
2. choose your operating system
3. then, when he asked to SELECT A DOWNLOAD, choose the software FULL of FEATURES.
Let me know if this can help, thank you.
hp8620 pro: HP8620 Setup scan to e-mail
I recently bought the printer HP 8620 Pro. I tried to configure the scan-to-email function. But whenever I get the answer that the user name or the password is incorrect. I tried a dozen times. I simply will not work.
I used the following information
Gmail SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 587
more my gmail account id and password
Gmail has changed several security options that can block the printer to connect to their servers.
First, open the following link and ensure that you are connected to the same account that you define for the printer.
In the section connection & security click on signature in Google and make sure 'The 2-Step check' is defined as 'Off '.
In the left pane click on connected applications & sites and make sure that 'Access to less secure applications' is defined as 'ON', otherwise the check fails.
In the left pane click peripheral activity & notifications, within the "security events" section click on the link to control events and make sure there is no connection blocked attempt (it will be highlighted in red), if there is no warning, proceed to the screen to ensure there is no block for this device.
Once you are running a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem resolved.
HP Officejet Pro 8500 first Scan to E-mail Setup
I would like to know if someone has been able to get this option to work and if so it only works for a mail SMTP server or can set you it to an HTTP e-mail server IE; Windows Live Mail. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
GEORGE! I thought about it. For those who want to define this feature using Windows Live Mail and who use Qwest and hotmail, here is a link to discover this little bit of info I was looking so hard for. http://www.Qwest.com/InternetHelp/QA/email/pop_smtp_qa.html use the name of the outgoing server and instructions including activation of SSL, require authentication, etc. Use your complete username i.e. [email protected] and password for authentication. Hopefully this might help someone else in the future and thank you for your help.
Impossible to reset or add new addresses of e-mail on N911n e-all-in-one HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
Because I am unable to get my printer to retain new email addresses after you add the 1st time, I tried to restart the reboot of the machine to factory default. I went through the process of 'reset' the printer by unplugging / plugging the power supply cable (according to instructions). It erases all settings, to be network id for the computer, e-mail addresses, or other settings.
How can I clear the address book of e-mail on the device so I can add new addresses? That or how can I get to keep new addresses? I don't have that an address book (address of my server)
Just to let you know, our printers are covered for one year with the manufacturer's warranty, and as long as you are within this year you have the warranty support with your product (some limitations still apply).
Follow the instructions on page 54-55 in the operating instructions that register here: http://goo.gl/AVkES.
You may need to remove entries first, just to get a fresh start to her.
Let me know if it helps!
How to scan my photos of my hewlette Packer all in one to my computer
I have to be able to scan my pictures on my computer, I was not able to determine this one help please! Shotsi
[Moved from comments]
Start http://www.hp.com > support and drivers. Enter your model number and find the Quick Start Guide or user manual.
I just connected the hp officejet 6210 all-in-one printer and it won't let me scan.
Message on printer: "You must run or install software device" I just installed in my computer and cannot parse. I don't have the software because the printer has been givin to me.
You need to install the complete software to activate "scan to computer".
You can get the drivers here
Problem of resizing the photos scanned on a Photosmart HP 7520 e-all-in-one
I try to print a page full of pictures of pocket of a scanned photo of 4 x 6 on my 7520 as I used to on my C7280 before he fell. I can't do that with any ease. It seems that my only option is to scan the photo to my computer and print it with the software from my computer in paperback. I need to do it with a lot of pictures. Unfortunately there is not some distance between my printer and the computer and I really want to do all of the printer again like I used to. Is there an app for that? :-)
Unfortunately, this is not a feature that is included in our software, more for this printer. There could be a third party available software that can do, but I know nothing like this on the top of my head.
My suggestion would be to either the scanner closer to the computer or you can...
1. place as many images that fits on the bed scanner '
2. can analyze this image once for each image present
3. then cultures each scan for a single photo
4 reproduce the image of the page
5. print the page
These are the best two solutions for this particular problem.
Have a great day!
Maybe you are looking for
I cahnged the operator yesterday and now I can't download it from the android market! Everything else works, surfing on the sms and e-mail. Is there a way to get around, to get apps from the market or a solution for the problem? Before it worked fine
Need help on a Canon DSLR upgrade
We had the original Digital Rebel and he failed and guaranteed has been replaced with an XTi at some point years ago. My wife does most of the time catalog photography to Web resolution. It has no needs print, high number of pixels is not really nece
How to install windows 7 in windows pre-installed 8 hp Clubhouse 15-B001EE
How to install windows 7 in windows pre-installed 8 hp Clubhouse 15-B001EE She asked first on a pilot So I removed the harddesk and installed windows 8 on the other PC. When I returned the harddest computer and just when to start loading windows it g
I just installed outlook 2007 and not work ok but have a few questions.At the bottom of my Inbox with no message screen, it shows 4 items filter. Have I got 4 hidden messages, and which applied filter medium. My settings are nealy all the value defau
How can I run the administrator System File Checker?
I want to run Sytem Füle Checker. He said that I must "have administrator privileges and be on a console... I want to be able to run any command also. No instructions in the help are correct (what else is new)... In big, how to connect as an administ