Boxes wireless printer work without connection to the modem HP 6700 printer
My printer is located on the second floor of our House. It is connected to our network with the modem and the router to the first floor where my wife's computer. This connection works fine.
My problem is that my printer only works if connected to my computer with a USB cable. This limits the use of a number of functions of the printer. Print the test pages that I myself say the printer is connected to the home network, but the printer will not work without the USB cable that turns off the Wireless function.
Most of the instructions I've read show that I need to be connected to the modem downstairs to work. It is not possible that I can tell.
Is there a way to fix this? or is a wireless connection to my printer not possible with this configuration?
Thanks for your help
Welcome to the HP Forum.
You don't mention what kind of computer of mystery that you have and try to use the printer.
Assuming that the full feature software is available for the operating system of your computer, this may solve the problem - multiple computers can print once installed wireless printing software. I hope that your computer is among the supported systems.
General instructions to install the printer software
- In most cases, the Solution Center has been replaced by the wizard of the printer.
- Shortcuts to the Printer Wizard must be installed on your desktop during the last part of the installation.
Windows operating system:
- Open drivers HP & downloads
- Enter your printer model information
- Select your printer in the list of the 'results '.
- Enter your operating system the menu drop-down
- Click NEXT and scroll down
- Find the driver - product Installation software category
- Select the driver of base, e-print, or full software functionality
- Save the package *.exe Setup on your computer
The files will probably save in the "folder"downloads. "
Don't forget to search for updates as necessary for your installation. If available, you can download print and scan doctor and / or other programs of category - utilities.
- If you have control of "Admin", you can highlight the package and "double-click" to install it, otherwise just right-click, select run as administrator and install.
- Look at the bottom half of the main Web page for your printer for helpful videos help with the installation of the printer software!
- Scroll through the list of videos back until you find the video that best fits your situation.
- If you use a USB connection: download and install the driver software before connecting a USB cable.
- Ethernet: connect the printer to the network and (optional) assign the printer IP address to the router. Once the printer is connected to the network, make sure that the printer is on, and then install the printer software.
- Once the initial installation is complete and functional, check / install category - updated
There is valuable information about the Web site, including your Manual, sections for Troubleshooting > How-to's, Troubleshooting > solving a problemand alerts and notifications for your printer. Be sure to take a comprehensive look at what's available. To bookmark the page.
Click on the Thumbs - Up Kudos to show that you appreciate the help and time of our Experts.
Click on accept as Solution when the answer is a good solution or workaround!
Although I strive to reflect best practices of HP, I do not work for HP.
Maybe you are looking for
Just bought watch today. Updated watch OS 2.1 and can not unlock look. It says 'Device locked Unlock iPhone to use Apple Watch.' My phone is not locked. I never put a password on the watch. I restarted the watch, it powered down and back up to a
Hello I have problems with Bootcamp & Windows 7. I have: iMac (retina 5K, 27 inches, end of 2014) 4 Ghz Intel Core i7 processor 32 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 memory Startup disk 500 GB Flash storage Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB Serial number d25PM0VSFY
Maybe I just missed it in my search of the forums, but I was curious to know if anyone knows how to limit an executable to a single core on a multicore LV computer? Currently, when I try to do slow-motion at high speed of data stored, I can sometime
I have more than 3000 DWF files in my search results. They are located in different folders on our server. How can I print the results of my research?
After working for 3 hours was advised to run sfc/scannow. Same message re:cbs.log-> corrupted files found but impossible to access and read the CBS.log newspaper