software password methods (and keychain)
I try to refine my use of passwords on my different computers and I wonder if someone wouldn't mind offering their expertise in a repair tutorial.
the problem is that I have safari on a laptop and a desktop computer, and these are connected via icloud. I also have an iphone. no doubt all these are connected to the same (?) I guess that KEYCHAIN that stores passwords for things like Web sites and credit cards and autocompleting of personal information.
then I also have the 1Pass for mac software.
I tend to store passwords in the 1Pass software but also click to confirm the storage of the passwords in the keychain. However, I do not understand how it works, or if they are related or completely independent or what.
for example, if I pay for something online Keychain nicely stores my credit card data.
If I connect to a site Web plugin safari 1Pass stores well my login information
However, I keep a backup of my passwords in the software of taking notes that I seem to need it often (for example when the password in 1Pass does not work for some reason any). also, here are the passwords but not exceptionally safe passwords generated by an algorithm. I would switch to more secure passwords, but I can't understand how it worked.
1 1Pass doesn't seem to enter password in ANY Web site I have access, so sometimes I have to ACCESS the database and FIND the Web site and then manually enter the information.
2 1Pass does not seem to automatically enter the date in a website on the IPHONE when in safari (I guess that there is no plugin IOS?) so in this case, when I land on a page that I need to do something with - I need to BACK out of safari, enter 1Pass, FIND THE WEB site, then navigate to the Web site through the 1Pass app and then try to connect to the site. It is a major pain.
3 /if/ a password does not work in 1Pass and /if/ does not save the password manually in the note-taking software, what would I? I guess I reset the password via the Web site and enter the new password in 1Pass.
4 how the KEYCHAIN interface with all this? It even works or somehow, it works in the background? done only passwords autocomplete KEYCHAIN and connections in safari or he asks a guest to do this? If I do not get a command prompt to add a Keychain password can I add it myself?
5. what happens in the workflow above when I use someone else's phone because my battery died or if I have to use someone else's computer? I guess I could connect my iCloud account if it is computer confidence of a friend and get access to the safari via Keychain passwords? I would do that on another iPhone? I mean, I couldn't do it on someone else non-iphone I could? and how do I enter 1Pass when not to use one of my devices?
6. give the #5 question, it seems almost vital to keep a list of passwords in the note-taking software that is independent of the software (1Pass or Keychain). is it possible to export this information in an easily accessible document that I keep with me or print?
Given that most of your questions related to 1Password, I suggest to take a look at his support page here.
4 Keychain can provide auto-complete for usernames and passwords in safari, it could also before entering a username and password. If you delete the text entered, it will give the list a list of usernames under the name of user and password text field. When you have a valid password field, Keychain should see the a key symbol to the right in the text field, clicking on it will bring down a list of names of users and saved passwords.
• You can add the password yourself.
5. When you connect to a device with your account Keychain will be disabled by default and will ask you to turn it on in settings. Or even require that you select to use iCloud Keychain during the implementation of a device. And to turn it on, you need to provide confirmation on another verified device, or type a security code, or both depending on your security settings. More on this in the FAQ here. Don't forget, the keychain is a service from Apple and will not run on non-Apple operating systems.
6. keep your passwords on a document saved and synchronized accessible via internet is a security risk and is not recommended. However, if you want the notes that can be synchronized and accessible from the internet, Apple built in Notes app serves this purpose. Set a password to lock your notes slightly sensitive data such as numbers of national identification and emails can also protect from prying eyes. However, it is highly preferable to avoid storing sensitive data such as passwords in this application.
WARNING: Apple Support communities are composed of users, Support technicians Unofficial Apple. Our views may not reflect that of Apple Inc.. Also, I don't get the financial reimbursement for the promotion of all the services mentioned. References to all services are purely for answering the question asked or to demonstrate solutions.
Tags: Mac OS & System Software
Just upgraded my iMac ' 09 end to 16 GB of memory and downloaded El Capitan. At the start, I can use my password very well. Then before he allows me to do anything, he wants the password in the Keychain for the 'local products' but refuses my login passwo
Being given that I can't access anything ELSE all tips go into Keychain Access etc won't work. I tried to cancel it, but she and the other boxes of menu just POPs back up. It didn't happen when I upgraded my Mac mini to 2012. Please help me solve this problem. I need this computer to work from home, and I've updated because I was told it was compatible and it would read all of my files, Pages, and Numbers to the office where I use the Mac mini. I'm really upset that Apple wants me to pay for answering my questions, when it comes to THEIR PRODUCT! I used Apple machines since nearly 20 years and deserve better treatment!
Connect password is not the same as the password for the keychain. Check your notes, if you have it written down somewhere. In addition, you can use your computer without any keychain. You just enter all other passwords and logins manually.
I forgot my password for the keychain, it ask me to put my password in the "login" keychain but I don't know. Following other instructions that I deleted the "login" keychain and it solves nothing. I can now connect with iCloud?
I forgot my password for the keychain, it ask me to put my password in the "login" keychain but I don't know.
Other instructions that I deleted the "login" keychain and it solves nothing, it keeps "restore default".
I can't connect to my iCloud on my Macbook so have nothing here.
I don't know the first things on MacBooks and how to sort this point please help me?
I recently bought a Satellite Pro with the fingerprint reader for password memory.
But I can hardly believe that the Pwdbank software appears unfinished or poorly thought out.
My main complaints: -.
1. when I go on the Internet banking site I don't want Pwdbank to remember my passwords.
Then why hell is there not an option to stop the pop-up "Finger Scan" that appear on some Web sites?
Each time, it appears that I have to press 'X' - it's annoying bloody!
2. I just disconnected a site, the window appears again. I don't want to!
3. the software of Pwdbank somehow interferes with some other software when a large dark blue border appears around a clickable button.
The button does not work then. I know 100% for you, it is Pwdbank that, because when I get out the application this problem NEVER occurs.
4. the software Pwdbank "plant, often" with an error message box that appears.
Sorry that I don't have the exact wording right now as I have no record.
Does anyone know if there is a patch or software update available to address all these very annoying problems on what is otherwise a great feature?
Have you tested a different internet browser? Like Akuma says Firefox is a good alternative and I only use it.
You may notice the problem under Firefox and Internet Explorer too?
In addition, I would like to try to reinstall the software password Bank. Maybe it can help you solve some problems
Whenever I try to evaluate and improve the performance of the computer, I get a type of white blue screen telling me I have bad software or hardware and my computer does climb? He did NOT finish the task is content to any screen blue screen saying it's bad it's bad, your computer is messed up bigtime, so-to-speak
1 have you ever done any hardware or software changes to the PC?
2. What is the brand and model of the PC?
3. What is the full error you get when you try to evaluate the computer?
Audit of the statues of the device in the Device Manager.
a. click the Start button, type devmgmt.msc and press ENTER.
b. check for any exclaimation mark and the status of the devices.
Follow these methods.
I suggest you to first run the resolution of performance problems.
Method 1: Open the resolution of Performance problems
Method 2: Disconnect non-essential external devices and try to evaluate the computer.
Method 3: Also, temporarily disable the antivirus and check the question. Anti-virus programs are sometimes called causes this problem.
Turn off the Antivirus software
Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you need to disable temporarily to install other software, you must reactivate as soon as you are finished. If you are connected to the Internet or a network, while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.
Let us know if it helps. If the problem persists, please answer, we will be happy to help you.
I've updated the 7.1 os and it took me to multilingual method and input. I had once managed a whole upward. in any case, it seemed now missing on the phone, and on the desktop PC does not show language. I did remove the OSI and reinstall, the the same problem. I want that it multilingual and other language input method. Any suggestion? Please take note.
OK... that now makes sense... the automatic method detects your BB and the level of operating system installed, but is not able to download correctly what it needs from the Internet to continue. And the Red Star means that there is an update, he wants to offer you, but again he has trouble to download what suits him.
So, what you need to do is to defeat the automatic method and force instead of things. The easiest way is, on a PC (you can not do on MAC):
1) uninstall all the BB OS packages from your PC,
(2) make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
- http://us.BlackBerry.com/apps-software/desktop/?lid=us:BBsoftwareesktopSoftware & Cal = us: bbsoftware
(3) download and install to your PC, the BB OS package you want:
- If you want to just reload your current version, you can access your carriers download portal and get the same exact package you are already running
- KB23393 How to check the model number and the version of the BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone
- But if you want to go for an update, you can see what your company has, or you can dig into all of the companies that support your specific model BB number and compare versions of each provision.
- Also consider this information as you choose your BB OS package:
- KB05305 Location of support for BlackBerry smartphones
4) remove, on your PC, all copies of the SELLER. XML... There will be at least one and maybe 2, and they will be located in the same way or to (it changes based on your version of Windows) these files:
- C:\Program Files (x 86) \Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
- C:\Users\(your Windows username) \AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
(5) run the Desktop software and connect your BB
If you chose to update your BB OS, then the software should immediately offer the bundle of BONES that you have installed on your PC, before you can do anything else. If, during the process, your BB votre BB a '507' error, simply unplug the power cord of the BB USB and reinsert it. do nothing else... This should allow the installation to continue.
If you have chosen your BB exact same OS package that is already running on your BB, then you should be able to proceed with the installation language you want (assuming, based on the location of KB, you have installed the right BB OS package that includes the language of your choice).
Do not forget to save.
Good luck and let us know!
Safari retains invites me to enter password for Keychain whenever I open Safari... Since the update to the Sierra.
How can I stop this prompt?
At the end of the creation of an e-mail account, that the program will ask a software password security device, I don't know what it is or where to find it. To my knowledge I don't have a 'software security device. I use Windows 7 on an IMac.
Apparently, you have defined a master password at one point. The password protects passwords that Thunderbird remembered.
You can reset the password. More information in this article.
Recently, my computer has been infected with a malware that has removed some DLLs and damaged the Firefox, Opera and Google programs.
The other two browsers I reinstalled without any problem. But Firefox is my main browser and I'm afraid of losing all my information.
Is it possible to restore without losing my passwords, settings and especially favorite?
You can check if the Firefox profile folder is always present.
If that's the case then Firefox will automatically detect its presence and use.
You should regularly make a backup of your personal data stored in the Firefox profile folder in order to avoid a potential loss in case of problems.
What software is better and safer to protect my Mac - OSX El Capitan 10.11.3? I was bombarded by MacKeeper advertising claiming recently that my Mac has "serious" problems and offering discounts of wholesale so that until recently the MacKeeper said my system was well protected and works well!
MacKeeper is considered malware: never install or use it. No Web site can analyze your Mac for "problems." If your Mac does not appear no matter what strange behaviour, it is not necessary to make "clean-up" operations
I was going to update my tablet, and then he asked a password... I put in my password apple and my apple ID but no work. I never put in place a code of access at all?
You don't have a password set to unlock the iPad, or to the settings > general > Restrictions?
What is a good antivirus software for mac and would need one. I'm under el capitan, later.
There is no such thing. They all cause more problems than they were designed to solve.
Hi I do not know my bios passwords administration and did 3 times and now got a disabled person
Disabled code is 86008153
In this case, try 48683801
DP - K
I just bought the HP20002D19WM, which came with no software (cyberlink) key and certificates of authenticity for windows. I can't use any program cyberlink with a key number to enter. Also if I would give for somereason I wonder in my number of windows I would not be able to since I have ever trevieved it
This is the original factory specifications for your laptop HP 2000-2d19WM. All Cyberlink OEM software should work without key, because it is not mandatory for the installed OEM mass products. Regarding the Windows product key, see Activation of Windows 8 product;
- OEM Activation 3.0 (OA3) at the factory. A digital product key (DPK) is encrypted and installed on the motherboard BIOS during the manufacturing process. Windows 8 will be ignited automatically the first time that the computer is connected to the Internet. With systems activated by OA3, most of the computer's hardware can be replaced without the need to reactivate the software from Microsoft.
Since yesterday, I can't use my laptop...
When I turn it on, it ask for my password as usual... but when I get back the password and hit enter, I ask the password over and over again...
I'm sure my password is just btw
How can I solve this problem?... Thank you
Welcome to the HP Forums . One-stop shop for all kinds of solutions, tips and settings for your questions/problems.
For the best experience on HP forum, see our Guide to HP Forums to learn more.
Password problem. Is this fair?
I will definitely help you.
I recommend you follow steps from the link below.
Let me know if this helped
Happy to help you. I work for HP
Maybe you are looking for
I installed Firefox4 on my Windows computer and some of my modules were not working. I also found things slower (it is an old computer). I would try Firefox5 on my Mac, but do not want to crush 3.6 until I am convinced it is work satisfactorally.
First of all, I ask forgiveness for my English. I am originally from Ukraine, and my knowledge of English is not very good. 1. my Toshiba Satellite A210 1AO is very hot and I want to know, - is this normal?I know the Turrion AMD x 64 processor can wa
Hello I recently bought new computer and myself have accidentally locked
Philippe I svich on my compjuter it Deniz in the midel of my video screen not supported and I canoe remove at all for 2 days I got that in my thank you screen
Looks like a common problem that the original HDD Samsung die a premature death. I started to receive warnings of 301 SMART several months ago, but my HP dv6 kept operating normally until this week. Now it does not start, then it's time for a new HAR